14

I stayed up all night in my bedroom face-timing with Travis.

He had been so sweet, telling me how pretty I looked, and that I was funny and cute.

Travis was so flirtatious and made me giggle constantly.

We talked about sororities more and he told me about the frat he was trying to get into. He told me about the hazing which seemed a bit drastic, and I hoped if I did go for a sorority that the hazing would be as bad as what he was describing.

At two in the morning we ended the call with him asking me to be his girlfriend.

Of course I said yes.

In the morning once I was ready I went out to the kitchen where I made some coffee and then turned on the television to watch the news.

I was sitting on the sofa when I heard Harry's door open, signalling he was coming in the same room.

Every time his door opened it was like a lion had been released, and I was the only prey in sight.

I winced at the sound of his footsteps, not daring to turn around and look at him after the jerk he was being last night.

He had no reason to act so rude to me when I had done absolutely nothing wrong.

I could hear him shuffling around in the kitchen, making his breakfast, and suddenly my phone began to ring.

It was Travis.

"Hey." I answered.

"Hey! Emma i'm so sorry to ask you this but I need a favour."

"Sure, what is it?"

"I had a family emergency and I have to go home, would you be able to get me the notes from world lit?"

"Yeah! Sure! I hope everything is okay."

"Me too. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

I ended my call and then stood up to go pack up my back pack, making eye contact with Harry who was standing in the kitchen.

I looked away and ignored him as I washed out my coffee cup and put it in the dishwasher.

He moved behind me to open the fridge and I kept my head down as I escaped to my room.

When it was time to leave I met a silent Harry in the living room and we left to go to class.

I took notes and then sent them to Travis, and got an annoyed look from Harry when he saw what I was doing.

As we walked to history class he finally spoke up.

"You don't find it weird that he takes you on a date and now he's asking you for class notes?"

"He had a family emergency. And besides, he asked me to be his girlfriend so yes, if he needs me to send him notes i'll do it."

He looked at me with that same look he had given me last night after he had seen me kiss Travis and then looked down at the ground.

He didn't speak for the rest of the afternoon.

That evening Travis asked for the homework answers so I sent them to him, knowing he probably didn't have time to sit down and study while he dealt with whatever he was dealing with.

My mom also called and said we were officially going to Jamie's football game on Saturday.

After dinner I walked into the kitchen to get a snack. Harry was there in the living room, watching NCIS on the big television.