98

happy update!

i hope you all are doing great! i've been so busy but i'm so happy for this three day weekend where i get to take a break from the hustle and bustle of life and just have some me time.

i'm making this my year of self-care. tell me what you do for self-care? i love a good face mask and binge watching my fav shows haha

also, i know people are wanting me to update faster but the truth is I update as fast as i can. it's not easy trying to create a good chapter for you while also getting done everything i have to get done in a day

people have requested i make an update schedule but if you know me you know i've never run my writing that way because i don't want to make you all a promise and then break it

i try really hard to update as fast as i can while still giving you a good quality chapter, and if you don't like that then sorry but that's how i've always updated and how i will. i refuse to throw together a chapter just to put something out if its not good

and every chapter i release has SOMETHING to do with the plot and the vision for the story, and trust me y'all, there are BIG surprises coming for Emma and Harry

so anyways, that's the tea and if you wanna come for me or whatever then go ahead, but for those who understand and have been here from the beginning, i love you and thank you!!

okay enough of that, enjoy the chapter ;)

Harry and I were finally able to go back to our home after a few days.

We hadn't really been alone since he had returned, and I was a bit anxious to see what it would be like when we got back to the place we shared.

As much as we wanted Mila to be with us in order to give her a sense of normalcy as well, Harry and I needed time for just ourselves, so Mila would come back to live with us at a later date.

Once we pulled up outside the building and exited the car, I had the key, so I let us in our townhome, Harry following me inside.

"Not much has changed." He said as he walked in.

"I haven't really been here much." I replied.

"What's this?" He asked and I looked to see him picking up the framed folded flag.

"The flag they gave me when they presumed you dead." I said and he bit his lip before setting it down.

Harry and I were pretty much silent for the next few hours as we unpacked.

He took a shower while I looked for something to make for dinner, but I hadn't bought groceries in weeks.

When he came downstairs we just had soup from a can that I heated up on the stove.

Even dinner was silent.

After dinner, Harry went to the living room, sitting down on the couch. As I washed the dishes at the sink I looked up to see him turn on the television, propping his feet up on the coffee table and stretching his arm across the back like he always had.

I finished the dishes and then went up to our room, feeling Harry watching me walk up the stairs.

I changed into some cotton shorts and a long sleeved tee before sitting on the bed, turning on the television to one of the design shows I liked.

As I sat there I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye, and I looked to see Harry walking in. He stopped at the end of the short wall that separated the first few feet of the bathroom from the bedroom, his eyes trained on me.