63

happy update! (again, not a super happy update)

I know last time was a big cliffhanger, but you will get more answers in this chapter

also, someone will be making a grand return in this chapter so watch out ;)

enjoy!

They knew.

My parents knew about Harry and I.

That's what I gathered from the agents on the flight to D.C.

Harry was on a different plane than me.

As I sat there on the plane ride I heard the agents discussing amongst themselves what they knew or what they thought.

The terms being thrown around included "sexual assault", "brainwashing", and "fired".

When the plane landed I was escorted to a car, silently brooding as we drove to the White House.

I was ready to unleash hell on whoever had outed us, and also fight like hell for Harry to keep his job.

When we arrived at the White House I went to march my way into my fathers office but I was blocked from going inside.

The FBI agents were standing outside, so I knew Harry had to be inside with my dad.

I paced outside the room, my hands shaking, and when the door finally opened my mother stepped out first before my father followed by Harry in handcuffs still, the FBI chief holding onto his arm.

Harry's eyes met mine and I could just see the sadness and despair in them.

I then looked at my parents who gave me the most disappointed expressions I had ever seen them have.

"What are you doing?!" I asked them, going to stand defensively in front of Harry.

"Emma, Harry has been terminated from his position. He will no longer be your bodyguard." My father said and my eyes went wide.

"He did nothing wrong!" I said loudly.

"Emma, this was brought to our attention today." My mom stepped up, holding out a piece of paper.

I took it, my eyes falling on a fuzzy photo of two people sitting on a beach, cozied up under a blanket and kissing; but despite the blur, you could blatantly see it was me and Harry.

"You can't arrest him for that!"

"But we can arrest him for committing government conspiracy." My father said.

"But he's not!"

"This is above your head, Emma." My father said and I shook my head.

"No! It's not! I spend every second of every day with him, I know he's not committing government conspiracy! You're just using that as an excuse to arrest him!"

"He admitted everything to us! We know you were seeing him behind our backs. He broke his contract and abused his power over you and for that he is fired. Wether he committed conspiracy or not is up to the FBI."

"He didn't abuse his power over me!"

"Emma, stop." I heard Harry say behind me.

"No! This isn't right! They can't do this!" I exclaimed.

"Emma, it's done." My father said firmly. "You can take him away now." He then told the agents who began to walk Harry away.

"You know nothing." I looked at my parents in disgust.