103

happy update!

my GOODNESS these last few weeks have been crazy! during the tome i thought i'd have more free time than i'd know what to do with, i've been the busiest i've ever been. is this the case for anyone else?

well anyway, i know this is a short chapter but i plan on double updating this week! (y'all can hold me to it, if you need to send me reminder messages so i'll remember than do it)

also, if you comment your favorite chapter of 24/7 here and tell me why, i'll be picking 10 people at random to send a sneak peak of the next chapter too ;)

oh, that reminds me, don't hate me at the end of this chapter... that's all i'm going to say

also, the broken glass is a double metaphor, you'll find out why

okay, enjoy! ;)

2 Months Later...

"Emma. Emma. Come back to me."

My head snapped up to see Harry staring at me, his hands on my cheeks.

"Hey. They're not going to hurt you. Not this time. Why do you think we haven't left this hospital in 8 days? Because our home is busy being armed and fortified, and this building is surrounded by armed guards and we have people undercover all over this building. Your parents are safe and no one is going to hurt them either."

"But Gran and Mila, what about them?"

"Gran's house is being set up just like ours and your father is having her assigned a security team as well. And Mila, if she's with us she will be okay. She's at the White House right now and once we're home she won't leave my sight."  He said sincerely.

I nodded.

"But who is it this time? Daniel is in prison, Blackwood is dead, Travis is in jail...I mean who else hates us?"

"I don't know." He shook his head. "But whoever it is, will not get close to you."

"So they went after Jamie because he's our family."

"Yes. They didn't get away but they didn't survive either. Sometimes my aim is too good." He ran his hand through his hair. "But like last time, we know those are not the ones in charge. Whoever is leading has men to do their dirty work. I think Daniel was one of the dirty work men, I don't think he's the real one in charge. Or if he was, he had to have a partner."

I continued to shake my head in disbelief.

"My life is like a horror movie." I whispered.

"Emma. We are going to be okay. I promise you. We can't let them get to us."

I bit her lip.

"Think of how many good things we have going for us right now. We're both home and healthy, were getting married, you have our wedding to plan, and now Jamie is waking up. Focus on the good things. Let me handle the RR, you focus on everything and anything else."

Focus on everything else...focus on everything else...focus on everything else...

My eyes flew open, taking in the darkness surrounding me. Slowly I turned my head to the right, the clock reading 2:34. Then I turned to the left, my eyes falling on Harry's peaceful sleeping face. His hand was undermeath the pillow, and to anyone else it would look like he was supporting his head, but I knew his fingers were actually curled around the handle of a gun.