101

happy update!

if you're curious about my absence then please read the letter i wrote for you all at the end

don't worry, this isn't the last you'll hear from me

enjoy ;)

As our car drove us through the freshly rained on streets of Washington, d.c., I couldn't help but stare at my left hand, the stop lights in the night causing light to reflect off the diamond ring on my finger.

It was beautiful, gorgeous, and perfect... but most of all, it was sentimental for Harry and myself, which made it all the more special.

My attention was then brought to the beautiful man next to me as he placed his hand on my thigh, causing me to look up at him.

"Are you excited to see your family?" He asked me.

"Yes. And they're your family too."

"I know that." He smiled.

I looked up into his green eyes that were looking down into my blue ones, and I realised as they got closer that he was leaning in, his lips meeting mine for a kiss.

I immediately melted into his kiss, his hands reaching out to hold my body.

When we broke the kiss, I leaned my head on his chest. Harry's arms came around me and hugged me to him.

"I have to share you now..." He hummed against my hair, "I liked not having to share you for a week."

I laughed.

"Well I don't want to share you either." I kissed his chest.

The car started to slow down after a few minutes of him holding me, and I lifted my head up to see we were pulling through the White House gates.

I sat back and pulled down the mirror to make sure my hair was fixed and my makeup hadn't smudged as our vehicle travelled around the West entrance to the East entrance.

The car stopped and Harry got out before walking around to my door, opening it for me so I could get out and then took my hand in his.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Ready." He nodded at me before leading me inside.

As we walked through the halls, we made our way to the residence where my family was awaiting our arrival in one of the private dining rooms.

When we turned down the hallway to the dining room I could hear music and voices, and when we rounded the corner I saw my family all gathered in the room talking with each other.

"We're here!" I called out and they all looked in our direction, smiling at us. "And we're engaged!" I held out my hand to show off my ring only for my mom, Aunt Lisa and Jamie to all scream at the same time out of excitement.

Harry winced out of surprise and then let go of my hand as my mother ran towards me to gather me in a hug.

My mom gathered me in her arms in a giant hug, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm so happy for you! She happily cried in my ear.

"Thank you." I said, trying to fight back tears of my own.

"And Harry," my mother then let me go in order to throw her arms around Harry in a hug, "I'm so happy your going to officially be apart of the family."

"Me too." Harry laughed as he hugged her back.

I was then swept up in a strong hug by my dad.

"I'm so happy for you, Emmy."