99

happy update!

i hope you all are great!

this has been a stressful week and this upcoming week is going to be stressful for me as well, but i made sure to take some time to write so i could get an update out for you all!

i love you all so much, and i appreciate those of you who check up on me throughout the week. life gets tough and i think it's great that we can be a community who checks up on each other

anyways, here's a extra long chapter full of Harry's thoughts so I hope you enjoy!

Harry's PoV:

Life seemed like a daze.

I was home.

I was home with Emma.

I was home with Emma and Major.

I was home with Emma and Major and Mila was moving back in with us in a few days.

And while some things felt normal and familiar, others felt strange.

Conversations were hard because I was still trying to catch up on a year of missing out on what happened in the world. And because I was dating the presidents daughter, a lot of conversations surrounded politics or culture or law.

I did my best to go back to the news and other sources to catch up, but it wasn't the same.

Then there was my relationship with Emma. She truly had grown so much since I left. She was more thoughtful and more mature; in her words, in the way she held herself...everything.

She had changed so much from the crying girl I had left on the tarmac, and she was now a young woman who had the strength and courage I wished that I could now have.

It was amazing to me to see how much she had changed from the first day I met her in the Oval Office till now.

Now when I watched her, I could see the maturity she held in her posture, and the aura of strength and confidence followed her every move.

When she cried, it wasn't because of something little. We were going through a lot, and she had the right to cry. Before, she would cry at any thing hurtful I threw her way, but now, it was like she was a sponge. She absorbed the negative things I said, not intentionally, but because my mouth and my brain weren't on the same page now, and once she'd had enough, she let it out.

I was trying to get better. I was doing everything I could to not hurt her anymore. I wanted to heal her and myself, I wanted that so we could go back to the way it way before.

Tomorrow was her charity gala, and I would be going with her. It would be my first public appearance since before I left for Afghanistan. People knew I was back, but no one besides her family and close associates of the family had seen me.

So now, I sat sideways on the bathroom counter so I could see the mirror as I tried to cut my hair.

It was long and I hated it.

But it was hard to get the back of my head and make sure it looked even in the front.

The sound of footsteps moving from the wood floor of the bedroom to the tile of the bathroom made me raise my head. Emma walked in the bathroom, and I felt her look at me after she paused to see what I was doing before I felt her take the scissors out of my hands.

"Let me do it." She said.

I nodded and moved to sit on the chair in front of her vanity.

"Do you want it the way it was before?" She asked me softly.