89

happy update!

i hope you all are doing well!

so a lot of you had FEELINGS when it came to my mention of banana ice cream last chapter (but guys it's so good i promise) anyways, comment your favourite ice cream flavour haha im always looking for new ice cream flavours to try

also I'm announcing a contest at the end of the chapter so made sure to read the A/N at the end if you want to participate!

but most importantly...enjoy ;)

Over a week had passed since I had found out about Harry joining the military.

We hadn't spoken at all.

I knew eventually we would have to, but I was scared of what would happen when we did.

Would we talk rationally and figure out a plan?

Would we fight and break up?

I didn't know.

But I did know we would have to talk faster than I would be ready to.

For the past week I had been spending time alone, just thinking and doing things that made me feel better.

I went and got a mani/pedi, baked a lot of treats for the staffers, and did some writing and journaling.

And today, I was going to do something I hadn't in a while, ride horses.

I made my way down the halls and to the East wing exit where the car was waiting.

I nodded at the guards before I got in the vehicle alone.

"Can you take me to the country club stables?" I asked the driver and he nodded.

"No Harry with you today, Ms. Winston?" He asked me as he drove.

"Not today." I said.

The journey took awhile, but once we got there I thanked the driver who stayed with the car in the lot while I walked down to the stables.

I greeted Scout and took him out of his stall and to the next one where Honey was.

I tied him up so he could be with Honey and I.

I then took a brush and went to brush out Scouts hair, he always loved when Grayson did it.

I then gave him some carrots and apples as a treat while I moved on to brush out Honey.

I just wanted to spend time with them, I hadn't in so long.

I was brushing out her left side when I heard a noise and looked up to see Harry standing there.

He was wearing jeans and a white tee shirt, his sunglasses in his hair.

"How did you know where I was?" I asked him. I hadn't told anyone besides my driver where I was going.

"Because I know you, Emma." He replied as he took a step closer. "It's been days Emma, can we please talk now?"

"Go ahead." I shrugged and looked away from him as I continued to brush Honey.

"Emma I'm sorry I didn't tell you when I took the job. That was wrong of me, I know that. I never wanted to hurt you. I never want to hurt you, but I just didn't know how to tell you."