34

24/7 IS #70 IN FANFICTION!!!! YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE AND IM SO IN SHOCK AT HOW MUCH LOVE THIS STORY IS RECEIVING! KEEP COMMENTING KEEP VOTING KEEP READING! I LOVE YOU!

--

Harry had left me there in the hall to walk back to my room alone while he went off in another direction.

I was so curious it was killing me, but Harry was so private I knew I would never get him to tell me why he had reacted that way.

So in the morning, after a night of barely sleeping, I got up early and left my room, sneaking through the halls to find the Secretary's office.

As I turned a corner I saw Harry walking the same direction down it, his shoulders dropped in defeat.

I stayed back as I watched him stop at a door and knock. He waited a moment before he entered the office.

I then scurried over and saw that the door was cracked open.

Peeking inside I could see Harry standing in front of Mr. Blackwoods desk.

"I thought you were in Afghanistan." Mr. Blackwood said from where he sat at his desk.

"I came back six months ago." Harry said.

"And now you're a secret service agent?"

"Yes."

"How did you manage that gig?"

"I was approached by my previous captain who introduced me to the presidents security director and I was offered a job."

"And what is your specific job?"

Harry paused for a moment.

"I live with the presidents daughter at her university. I was selected to be her live in agent."

"And you didn't feel the need to inform me?"

"Why should I? You're not in charge of me anymore."

"Because you're my son and you're working for the president, as am I."

"I am not your son." Harry said darkly.

"Like hell." Mr. Blackwood scoffed. "I adopted you. I raised you. Therefore you're my son."

"You may have adopted me but you didn't raise me. I was shipped off to military school. I was raised by army generals who taught me everything I know. You did nothing for me!" Harry fought back and my heart broke in my chest.

"If it weren't for me you'd be living in the streets!"

"Maybe I would be, but I'm not. I'm here and I have a job and a new family and I don't need you!" Harry practically shouted.

"New family? Who? The president? You think he actually cares about you?" Mr. Blackwood scoffed. "You're only responsible for babysitting his bratty kid."

My jaw dropped.

How rude.

"I protect the most important thing in the world to him. I'm not a nobody. Not just anyone could do what I do."

"Any security guard could do what you do! You're nothing special! He isn't your family, Harry! He doesn't care about you! His daughter doesn't care about you! You're nothing to them."

I wanted to break through that door and punch that man in the face.

"I don't have to take this." Harry said. "I have a job to do and that doesn't involve taking your verbal abuse any longer . I'm not your tax write off anymore so don't ever come near me again."