44

Happy update!!!

To make up for the cliff hanger last chapter, this chapter will be in Harry's PoV so I hope you enjoy it!

Harry's PoV:

I hated events like this.

It was all a bunch of fake people dressed up and wearing fake smiles while they begged for more money as if they didn't have enough already.

My eyes scanned the area were were in, looking for people just a bit out of place. Someone wearing clothes out of season, or too heavy. Someone perspiring or acting nervously.

My eyes then landed on Emma who was shaking hands, a graceful smile on her face.

Her hair was being blown lightly by the wind, and she tucked some strands behind her ear.

The light pink dress she wore was tailored to her body exactly, allowing me to see the curve of her waist.

My eyes were still on her as loud cracks shot through the air, and everyone ducked.

People screamed but as I looked above us to where the sound was coming from I could only hear Emma's scream.

Instinct took over me, and I flung myself forward, hitting Emma with my own body. As she fell back I put my hand behind her head to protect it.

We hit the ground hard.

I reached for my gun, looking up to see the gunmen were on a balcony of a building across the street.

I fired at them three times before covering Emma's body that was underneath me.

Her fingers dug into my side as she held onto me for dear life, and at this point she had reason.

I needed to get her to safety. I had to get her out of the line of fire.

I looked behind me for another agent to cover me, but instead I was met with one dead agent and one wounded president.

Ice cold panic raced through me.

"Mr. President!" I yelled and his eyes met mine and he looked at his bleeding side before looking at Emma.

"Get her out of here!" He shouted back at me and I only had a second to react before lifting Emma up and running to the closet car.

When an agent saw me he opened the door and I threw Emma inside and was about to sprint back to the President but he was being attended to.

"My daughter?! Where's Emma?! Help her first! Is she shot?!"

I then turned around, diving in the back seat.

"Dad!" Emma screamed as I slammed the door shut and the car sped off. "No we have to go back!" She tried to climb over me to open the door but I stopped her.

"Emma stop!"

"No! We have to go back for him! We have to go back! Dad!" She continued to lean over me and then she seemed to realise there was a door on the other side of her and dove for it but I wrapped my arms around her waist and yanked her back.

"Let go of me!" She screeched.

"He's on his way to the hospital!" I grit my teeth as I spoke, tightening my arms around her.

At this point she began to hyperventilate.

In my ear piece I could hear the updates on the Presidents location.