38

24/7 HAS REACHED 120K READS AND ITS HIGHEST RANK IS #12!!!!! HOLY FRICK!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! THANKYOU!!

(P.S. Read the authors note at the end)

In the morning after I woke up I went to my parents room because they were always up early.

When I arrived and walked in they were sitting in front of the television, watching the news.

My father was in his arm chair and my mom on the sofa so I went to her, laying down with my head in her lap.

"Breaking news this morning. Yesterday afternoon, President Winston's daughter Emma Winston was shot at in her apartment at her college campus. According to campus security her live in agent opened the door and a man fired at him. The agent then hid with Ms. Winston in a closet before fatally taking down the suspect. Ms. Winston was then removed from the building and taken back to Washington, d.c. to be with her parents. Investigators have not released the identity of the man but has said he had to have known her schedule to know when she would be in the apartment. The White House has yet to release a statement on the situation and it is not confirmed if Emma Winston will be returning to school today or not. We will update the story as we receive more information."

As the news anchor talked they played video of the police and FBI cars outside of the apartment, and footage of them carrying the body bag out of the building as well.

"When are you releasing a statement?" I asked my father.

"This morning, and Katy will be answering questions about it at the press briefing today. At some point they will want a statement from you so you might want to prepare one."

I nodded.

"But you don't have to right now. You can take your time." My mother began to pet my hair. "Are you sure you want to go back today sweetheart?

"Yes. I need to take my last midterm."

"Are you coming back here afterwards?" My father then asked.

"I was thinking of maybe going to the manor, or to Gran's to see Mila. I don't really want to be at the apartment."

"Just let us know what you decide." He gave me a small smile.

After eating some french toast I went back to my room to finish getting ready.

As soon as I zipped up my bag there was a knock on my door and I went to open it, revealing Harry on the other side.

He had dark circles under his eyes and yawned as he walked in.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I said and he grabbed my duffel before walking me out.

I said goodbye to my parents who told Harry to take extra care of me (which I tried not to laugh at) and then I was escorted to a car and the airport.

Harry was on his phone in the back room during the entire flight and finally when we landed he emerged, looking even more exhausted than he had before.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Just the investigation." He sighed. "We can talk later."

When we arrived on campus we went straight to my classroom which Harry scoped out intensely.

The exam was easy enough, and then Harry led to me to my psychology professors office where I finished my exam from the day before.

He gave me his apologies and well wishes before I was able to leave.