102

happy update!

i hope you all are doing well!

i'm super excited for you guys to read this chapter, and you'll find out why ;)

i've been social distancing so now i have a lot of free time to write, so i should be able to update more often (lets hope) haha

what's you favourite social distancing activity! let's share ideas!

okay, enough of me, enjoy the update ;)

"JAMIE! JAMIE NO!" I screamed as Harry grabbed my face in his hands.

"What happened?!" He spoke loud enough for me to hear through my terror.

"Jamie-" I sobbed, "there were gunshots- he asked for help."

Harry yanked his phone from his pocket before calling someone.

"I need a tactical team immediately. Jamie called Emma asking for help, and she heard gunshots." He said in a strained voice. "Where was his last ETA?"

"Okay, i'll meet you there." Harry said after he listened for a moment before running upstairs to his closet that held his tactical gear.

Once I realised this I ran after him.

"Take me with you!" I begged. "Please! I need to know he's okay!"

"Emma you're not going with me." He said through his teeth as he went to strap on his vest.

"Why?! I can help! I've done it before; I helped with Daniel!"

"No." He said as he began to load a backpack full of different gear. "What you did with Daniel is get yourself hurt. I'm not risking your safety Emma."

"He's like my brother!"

"And I understand that," he said without looking at me as he continued to gear up, "but I won't bring you to a situation that you don't need to be in- especially one that involves guns."

"You know i'll find a way there. I always do." My bratty, maniacal side came out.

"No you won't, because the secret service is taking you to the White House." He cut back at me, before he left the closet and slammed the door shut.

"Under who's orders?" I taunted him as he jogged down the stairs and I followed.

"Mine." He turned back to stare me down. His glare was serious and angry and said one thing: don't.

"Let's go, Emma." He then said and wrapped his hand around my arm to drag me from our
home and then outside into one of the two town cars that were always outside our building.

"I'll call you when I can." He said to me as he pushed me into the car before slamming the door closed.

I watched as he jumped into the other car that sped away.

"Follow them." I told the driver.

"Ms. Winston, I can't." He said back to me.

"Follow them!" I shouted back at him and he hit the gas pedal.

I had already lost Harry once, I wasn't going to lose him again.

As we tailed behind Harry's car, I sat on the edge of the seat, watching through the windshield as the car swerved in the traffic.

We were getting close to Jamie's apartment.

When we turned on his street I could already see flashing lights and hear the chorus of sirens.