Chapter 17

"Okay, what's with the SOS Berry?" Emily with Santana and Brittany beside her after having 'sweet lady kisses' asked as she entered the auditorium, her head down as she continued texting Jessie ( her best friend from Canada, she went their for 3 years when she was 13 with her family)who was gushing about her monthaversery with Jacob ( her boyfriend/ my first friend there in Canada).

"Did you get stuck again between Finn and Jesse-" she trailed off as she looked up spotting everyone looking at her, including a very red faced Rachel "that."

She looked up at the stage to see the entirety of Vocal Adrenaline smirking, Jesse St James centre stage "Why is J with them?"

Jesse looked to Emily "I've transferred back to Carmel High." He looked around the McKinley group "I'm sorry that it's come to this, but you guys were awful to me. You never accepted me well only Emily". I smile to him" You never listened to my clearly superior ideas."

Finn stepped forward, throwing his arms up "Why are you here in our auditorium?"

"The blogs and chat rooms say that we're finished and that you guys are ripe to topple us." Jesse smirked

"We just wanted to show you a little something that we came up with a few days ago... to see if you agree with that assessment."

The New Directions felt dead fill them as they watched Vocal Adrenaline perform Another One Bites the Dust. Jesses vocals were superb and their choreography was on point, and perfectly executed.

They were incredible and they knew it as they all smirked when the performance came to an end "Thanks for letting us borrow your auditorium guys." The lead girl smiled mockingly "It's quaint."

"I'll drag her by her weave." Emily said, folding her arms across her chest.

Santana and Brittany gently pulled her into their side, not wanting their Emily to show her violent side "Next time babe."

**********

"It's a Carmel High Tradition," Artie informed the group as they made their way to the choir room "they psych out the competition a few weeks before the big show. They call it a 'funkification'. Meaning they show us what they've got and we spiral into a deep, black funk."

Emily nodded glancing to Rachel who was in a state of despair as Tina rubbed her back "Yeah, we used to do the same to other football teams. Try and get inside their head, pull little pranks to intimidate them."

"The difference was our football team sucked." Puck scoffed, I smirk to puck "But the Cheerios were always awesome" i say. "Those guys are golden" puck continues.

"Come on. Keep your heads up guys, it's going to take more than that to-" Kurt trailed off as he was the first to enter the choir room "get us into a funk."

The entire room had been littered with toilet paper. It hung from every surface from floor to ceiling. Emily clicked her tongue "Well, crap."

As they worked together to clean up he room Brittany frowned "I feel so violated. It's like someone broke into our home." "I know Britt" Jess, Izzy and Mason said together.

Will sighed as he tossed a bundle into the trash can "Look, it was just a lame little prank. The fact that they're trying to get to us means maybe we got 'em spooked."

"Uh-uh, Mr. Schue." Mercedes disagreed "They aren't afraid of anything."

"Except losing and well.. me." Emily reminded the group. Everyone just looked weird to the girl "Well.. when Jesse joined, I went to Vocal Adrenalineto visit my cousin Jonah, I kind of knew them, one time one of them pushed me to the floor and I just got up and beat them up and now they are scared of me" Mercedes sighed "Well they don't have to worry about that. That number they did was fantastic, and okay Emily." Her eyebrows furrowed