Chapter 24

OPEN: A black screen with a pair of disembodied red lips.]

*"Science Fiction Double Feature" is sung featuring SANTANA*

[CUT TO: AUDITORIUM. BRAD is playing the opening chords to "There's A Light" on the piano as the Glee kids are on stage performing a dress rehearsal.]

"(from offstage) Whoa ho ho ho!
[The music stops and CARL walks on stage in a leather costume.] Scheuster, are you messing with my woman?" Carl explained.

WILL: (stands ups) I-

" I thought we had a deal!" Carl shouts.

[WILL's upset face is frozen onto the screen as a voiceover plays.]

WILL: (in voiceover) This is the face of a guy who stepped in it. How did it get to this? How did a production of Rocky Horror turn into my horror? It all started a week ago.

[CUT TO: CHOIR ROOM INT. Emily and KURT are sitting and talking.]
KURT: So, what are you going to be for Halloween this year?

"(smiling) I'm going as a peanut allergy" Emily exclaimed.

[WILL walks in holding scripts.]

"Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical" Mr Shue states.

RACHEL: (looking up and whispering) Please be Evita. Please be Evita. Please be Evita.

"Rocky Horror!"

"I've never seen it" Finn says.

" (looking concerned) Mr. Schue?" I ask him.

"Yeah?"

"While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?"Rachel points out.

"Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show" Kurt says.

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?" Mr Shue told us.

[BRITTANY and ARTIE nod intensely.]

"Look, I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it".

[WILL hands out the permission slips.]
"And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nations in New York!" Mr Shue says.
[The entire club gasps and murmurs their agreement.]

"Okay, let's talk about casting" Mr Shue says.

"Oh! Finn and I will play Brad and Janet" Rachel suggests.

[WILL points to RACHEL and nods his approval. He walks over to the piano to write down their names.]

"And I'll be playing the guy in the wheelchair, right?" Artie asks

"That's what I was thinking. And, I thought Kurt could play the role of Frankenfurter" Mr Shue says.

(shaking his head) No. There is no way I'm playing a transvestite in high heels and fishnets and wearing lipstick!" Kurt says.

"(smirking) Why, 'cause that look was last season?" Santana asks Kurt.

[KURT turns and looks angrily at SANTANA.]

"I'll do it!" Mike says.

"Really? It's like the male lead" I ask Mike.

"I know but I'm feeling a little more confident about my singing voice after our duets project" He says making me smile.