Chapter 18

Emily sat in silence with the rest of the glee club in her shared apartment with Will, all consumed by their own thoughts after finding out Sue would be one of the judges that coming Saturday at Regionals.

The Saturday that would decided if glee club was no more after been given a tester year by Principal Figgins. And whilst her peers where thinking about that, she was thinking about Santana and Brittany.

After his huge declaration, they continued on as if it never happened. Santana and Brittany was giving her time, with absolutely no pressure.

She hadn't told anyone, but by the smile Jess had sent her, they had confided in Her.

"Nobody wants any pizza?" Will frowned looking around his sulking students. Emily hadn't even noticed the tower of cheese pies.

"All right, well, uh, let's get started. Thank you for coming to the 1st annual New Directions regionals set list nominational party."

Artie looked up at him "What's the point Mr. Schue? Coach Sylvester is one of the judges. She's gonna crush us."

"Artie, you don't know that." Santana sighed "Yes, we do. She told us at Cheerios practice."

"Yeah." Brittany nodded "She said 'I'm going to crush glee club.'"

"Mr Shue Brittany is right Miss Sylvester did say that" I say holding Santana and Brittany's hands.

"A whole freaking year." Puck shook his head "All that hard work for nothing." Everyone turned to Tina as she started to cry "I'm sorry."

She sniffled and Mason reached over the back of the couch and placed his hand on her shoulder "I just really love you guys. You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined glee club? Two." She smiled sadly

"My parents. Rachel was right. Being part of something special, it made me special." She sobbed "I just can't believe it's gonna be over in a week."

"Wait." Finn frowned, sitting forward on the arm of the chair beside Rachel "Who says it's gonna be over?"

"Please." Mercedes scoffed

"Yout think Puck, Santana and Emily are gonna even acknowledge my existence once we're not in glee club together anymore?" Puck shrugged "She has a point."

"Shut it Puckerman" I say to him.

Mr. Schuester?" Rachel sniffled, holding a cushion tightly to her chest "Do you think instead of nominating sings, we can just... all go around the room and talk about things that we love about glee club this year?" As Rachel's voice broke, so did Emily's heart.

Glee club was helping her heal and she wasn't sure what she would do without it.

**********

"Can I come over later?" Emily whispered to Kurt as they sat waiting for glee to start. Kurt frowned "Duh. But why?"

"I just-" she inhaled "I need to talk to someone. And you and Finn, well you guys are as close to brothers as I'm gonna get."

"Mr. Schuester." Rachel started as she and Finn entered the room just as Will finished writing 'journey' on the whiteboard "We have something we want to say to you."

"Me first." Will pointed to the chairs "Have a seat." He smiled as he looked at each and everyone of his students "Nine months ago there were six of you in here. And we sucked."

"Well that's because you didn't have us there" I say with Santana and Brittany while flipping our hair.

Everyone chuckled before Will sighed "One day, all of you are gonna be gone and all of this, all of us , will be nothing but a hazy memory. It will take you a second to remember everyone's name. Someone will have to reminded you of the sings we sung,"