Chapter 39

The girls walk into the choir room "I've been to Ann Taylor loft. Filene'a basement and like six Forever 21s and I cannot find a dress that fits" Lauren says.

"I'm gonna force to make my own dress for prom" Lauren says "Don't you seem  poor" Brittany says. "You can't make your own dress. Prom is like an oscar. It seriously like the most important night of our lives" Santana says.

Mr Shue writes 'Prom' on the whiteboard "Please tell me we are not doing sons for prom?" Sam says.

"Nope. We are the prom. Figgins asked us to perform..."Mr Shue says. "Lets do run joey run" Rachel says. "No!" I say to Rachel "That song is terrible" I say to her and everyone stays laughing.

Mercedes excuses herself from the choir room "Is she okay?" Mr Shue says "She doesn't have a date for prom" Quinn says I look at Sam.

"So, I don't have a date" Mike looks at me "I'm just going to dance and then your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me so... Your dates are really my dates" I say.

Rachel goes out to talk to Mercedes and I talk with Sam "Sam, you should totally ask out Mercedes" I say to him.

"I'll give you money for the fix and everything else" i say to Sam and he smiles at me "You would really do that?" Sam asks me "Doesn't everyone get to happy for one in their life?" I ask Sam.

"Yeah but who are you going with?" Sam asks me. "I'll just see if Cameron wants to come with me or something I'll probably go alone" I say to Sam.

We are at Prom shopping, I'm next to Brittany and Kurt. "Ladies, I appreciate you welcoming me into the sacred inner sanctum that is the prom gown dry run" Kurt says.

"Why did we decide to include Kurt" Brittany asks me "Because getting a look past him is like getting a thumbs up from Joan and Melissa Rivers. It might just lose our pre-prom buzz factor" I told Brittany.

Lauren comes out in a yellow dress. "I look like a lemon meringue pie" Lauren says and me and Brittany look to each other " We think you look delicious" We say.

"Next" Kurt says and comes out Santana in a red dress. I look at Kurt. "I'm just um... going to pay for my dress" I look at Santana "Yeah that's what I'm going to do" I get changed and go to pay for my dress.

I look back and they are taking probably something about Santana's dress but it's not because Santana looked at me and I turned around quickly.

I'm at my locker when I see Puck going over to Mike. Mike looks at me and I walk away.

"That won't impress Emily enough. For her to forgive me and accept my prom proposal. There's got to be" Mike says.

I'm in Cooking class with Brittany next to me she won't crack the egg. "Just crack the egg" Miss tells Brittany.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Hagberg I need to say something. Emily I was a jerk to you.." Mike says.

"Mm-hmm" I say to Mike "And I want to make it up to you with a song so maybe you'll consider going to prom with me" Mike says..

Mike:
Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?
Isn't she precious?
Less than one minute old,
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she,

I walk away from Mike to put my bowl in the sink..

But isn't she lovely made from love?

Isn't she pretty?

"Oh my god" I say and I push him back and walk back to my seat. Sam, Puck, Finn, Mason and Jake and Jack some in dancing and singing..