Diah's Sanctuary

Landing us on the deck of his home, followed closely by Tav and Vella, Diah quickly releases me. This causes me to stumble slightly, but being the stubborn anti-damsel I am determined to be? I managed to catch my balance while giving him a dirty look for acting like holding me in his arms for any length of time is distasteful. He sneers in return, before striding into the living area of his home, disappearing inside without a backwards glance. But I can't be bothered to take offense in that moment, what with all the new stuff to take in around me and everything.

I take a second to look around the deck, and see that it's spacious, and clearly designed with winged people in mind, as everything is set up along the edges of the space

I take a second to look around the deck, and see that it's spacious, and clearly designed with winged people in mind, as everything is set up along the edges of the space . I note the circular lounge chair with the tented sun shade facing the waters edge. I turned then around to check out the view, and my oh my it was amazing! I could see an almost endless expanse of water. To either side of me is woods and a few other cliffside dwellings here and there. For an instant, I wished I had been brought to this place of my own volition, because I could actually feel the compulsive desire to go exploring the treasures and wonders the flora and fauna of this world had to offer. I am at heart a bit of a  naturalist, not the chain-myself-to-a-tree sort mind... but more the hiking, gardening, farmers marketing, support-conservatism type.

I look to Tav, Asta of Black Clover-esk stars no doubt in my eyes, and say "This place is amazing! This view is amazing! How can he be so grouchy living in a place like this?!" I put my hands on my hips and shake my head in puzzlement. Tav screws his face up in both regret and annoyance. "He has much weight on his shoulders Lana. He is the High Commander, and thus is responsible for the safety and security of the Aerie. Over the years, he has become more stoic, and hard. Losing his mate in a surprise attack by the Leonades a few years ago caused him to become emotionally distant." He finishes sadly.

"Leonades? What are those?" I ask with my brow furrowed. "Sounds like they are dangerous, why is this the first I am hearing about them? Never once did you mention them when we were trapped at the Masters together", I look at Tav with an expression the conveys my displeasure at finding out there is something or someone deadly in this place. Tav tilts his head, thinking about it. "You are right, I hadn't brought them up as of yet. Sorry Lana, the Leonades are said to be dangerous sentient species here that fly as we do. They are more beast like in appearance. They resemble the Tigers you described to me once. Only they have a third set of limbs bearing wings. They are foretold as being violent and cruel according to stories. They have been inculcated to attack us without provocation, killing any Luve they find unguarded... We have records of our two kinds living peacefully together in our history. But something happened, no one truly knows what it is, but it tore our peoples apart."

I stare at Tav as he stops speaking. This is a lot to take in. Murderous flying Tigers? Oh my. Better make sure there are no Lions or Bears round here as well. "Was there a reason the two of you were allied? Did you have a common enemy?" I asked nervously, this is so not the way I wanna live my life, terrified of going outside, for fear of being snatched off the ground like a small rodent by a hawk or somethingI shake my head at the image of huge winged tiger carting a mouse version of myself off into the sky, eep. Tav has begun talking again and I force myself to tune back in.