A Welcome Embrace and the One who Took Will's Place

Here I am, standing in front of the guy I have dreamed about for three years. The one guy I couldn't help but blush when I talked about him. The guy I fell for so hard, that I couldn't even think about dating another guy because I knew he was the one. Here we are, back at this camp, and I'm literally standing here frozen in place. Like a deer in headlights, I bet my face looks awful. Oh crap, I'm sweating so bad. What is that smell? Oh my god is that my breath?! Shit, where is Daisy?! She has gum doesn't she? Damn, I'm so panicked, wait are we seriously still standing here? Wow, his eyes are still so pretty and clear. AHHH HIS MOUTH IS MOVING!!!! Is he about to say something!

"Drew?" Charlie lets out in a subtle whisper and my fingers hands clamp together as my heart jumps into my throat. "Is it really, you?"

"Nope, I'm just a girl who looks like this person Drew you are looking for." I blurt out and give a very horrendous laugh at my own awful joke. Idiot, I'm an idiot. I mentally slap my face a couple times and his chest appears right before me. His arms wrap around me tightly and my eyes are open wide as I take in a sharp breath. He smells like a fresh summer breeze, will a hint of dirt from the roads. I wrap my arms around him in return and the warmth of it spreads throughout my body. I'm so unbearably happy that I am practically giggling, that a case of the hiccups or something.

   "Erm." I look over to see the others staring at us awkwardly and I feel my body be pushed away slightly. Charlie stands beside me, his head downward and his cheeks blazing red. I casually look around at them folding my arms and clearing my throat.

"What are you all staring at?" I grumble and thy each look away as I feel a tap on the shoulder.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Dean smiles at me leaning forward and I sigh as I give him a smile. "Still causing trouble?"

"I should be the one asking that question." I state and he smiles slightly as we all stand together. I look around at everyone and my heart swells with happiness as we stand and talk. "So what about Will? Who's going to be the other boy in the group?"

"Oh god, you aren't going to believe who the hell it is!" Dean hisses and someone steps into the circle and gives me a gentle smile.

"Hello there Drew." Jason raises a hand and gives me a little wink as I smile widely.

"No way! Jason?!" I bark and Adam leans over into Dean with a smug smile.

   "She's more excited to see him than you." He states and Dean slams an elbow into Adam's side as Timothy pushes them apart.

   "Now now, no need to fight." He says and Daisy nods as she pats my shoulder. "We are all just excited to have Drew back!"

   They all mumble their agreements and Kenny ruffles my hair with teary eyes. I smile slightly at the sound of a woman's voice we all go silent. The same lady from years back stands at the podium with a big smile on her face. Her face is more wrinkled than I remembered, but she still had a young aura around her.

   "Welcome counselors!" She cheers out and shouts ring around me as I smile to myself. "Now, we have a whole day of preparing and many fun activities in which you will do with your campers!" I feel an instant wave of heat at my side and look over to see Charlie standing by me. "Now, I assume you are already with your groups! We will have groups of 12 counselors per group, but only 2 counselors with a certain amount of campers. We have increased so much over the years, I just can't believe it!" Claps echo around me as I join in and Charlie's arms move into my sight. "Now, let's go some of the rules."

   "I can't believe you're really back." He whispers into my ear and I smile softly as he elbows me. "So how have you been?"

   "Trying to adult, it sucks ya know?" I reply and he laughs quietly as I smile more. "What about you?"

   "Living I guess." He sighs and I shake my head as he leans up on his toes. "Man she goes on forever."

   "Yeah, but I'm kinda excited. I haven't heard any of this in a while." He looks over at me as I stare forward, watching her speak and he leans over whispering into me ear.

   "I know, I've been waiting to hear it with you." I look over, but he stands up straight, acting as if he hadn't done a thing. I can't help but smile shyly and I feel a shove at my other side. I turn to see Daisy pointing to Dean who is looking at me acting as if he were about to throw up.

   My eyes narrow into a glare as Violet quietly sneaks up behind him and jabs his fingers into his sides.

   "HOLY SHIT FLYING COW!" He shouts and the lady goes silent as I clamp a hand over my mouth quieting my cackle. "S-sorry." He calls and she rolls her eyes going back to her speech and I laugh as he glares at Violet. "I hate you." He hisses and she frowns and gives him an O-K sign with her fingers. "Ass."

   "We have all voted on who the ass of the group is, and it isn't me." She says and Dean bites into his tongue glaring at her and she looks down. "I'm sorry."

   "You're okay." He says and Adam rolls his eyes as he grabs onto Dean shoulder.

   "It can't be protected forever." He says and Dean looks down before sighing.

   "It will as long as I live." He mumbles and I act as if I hadn't heard to conversation. Something about it, didn't feel right in my stomach.

•*•*•

Hello my ppl! I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry it took so long! I have classes 😑. Anyway! Thank you so much for reading. Please give it a vote, comment, add and or follow for more stories and updates on this story!

Also, who is ready for the Wattpad Shortlist?! Omg! I just wanna know if my story at least made it that far! Anyway! I wish you all good luck if you have stories entered into the wattys! Love you alllll!