A Day Together, and the Fate of Mr. Ferro

"I have big news everyone!" Kenny shouts as I stare at him. "We get to have a group activity together today!" He shares a big smile with everyone as my body begins to ache. Just the thought of all the farm chores we had to do years back comes to mind and I shake my head. "We have to spend the entire day together as a group! Doing random activities and such."

   "That's weird, I thought we were going to go to that old guy's house to do chores." I mutter and Daisy and Violet look towards me.

   "You mean Old Man Ferro?" They ask, their twin side showing. I nod my head as Daisy fiddled with her hair. "Drew, he passed away two years ago."

   "What..." I whisper and Violet nods sadly.

   "They said it was during winter, he really hated the winter." Violet mumbles and Daisy continues on. "He had been working hard everyday, wouldn't let anyone help him. Then, one night, he just passed in his sleep." She goes on about how the funeral was, but there is a deep ringing in my ear.

   The old man that had called us all hooligans, taught us all lessons and made us paint his fence. He was out of the world, gone completely, and I had the privilege of only meeting him that one summer. Even if I had came back, I wouldn't have ever got to see him again. My body begins to ache as my stomach rolls and I begin to feel nauseous. I stumble a bit and Charlie catches me holding me up.

   "You okay there Drew?" He asks and I nod regaining my balance. He holds me for a few seconds longer before stepping away and Daisy frowns. "What did you guys tell her?"

"We told her about Ferro." She tells him and he nods slowly and pats my shoulder. "Don't stress so much Drew."

"What about the animals?" I mutter and Violet leans forward smiling softly.

"They say that someone the old man chose himself takes care of them." She looks around and shrugs. "No one knows who they are either. Only the owner of the camp and the person he chose."

"Really?" I ask and Kenny clears his throat and I turn away looking at him.

"I need you all to take roll and make sure everyone is here!" He calls and I nod looking around and begin calling my group of girls.

"Patricia!" I bored here comes and I mark her name. "Opal!" HERE I mark her name and hum quietly. "Maddie." Present! I nod and mark off her name and then sigh. "Brittany." I listen for a reply and clear my throat. "Brittany." I call again and still no reply as I look to the girl and they each shrug. "Well, crap."

   "Hey, I'm missing a boy." Charlie whispers and I look at him. "It's Trent."

   "Strange, I'm missing Brittany." I mutter and he shakes his head as he hands me his phone and walks away. "Uh. Where are you going?" I call and he turns around and gives me a faint smile.

   "I think I know where they are." He calls and turns back heading back to the way he was going.

   "What the heck..." I mumble as I frown and herd the group to an area while we wait. "Kenny." I call and he walks over with a wide smile.

   "Where is Charlie?" He asks and I look over my shoulder where he had gone.

   "We have two campers gone." I mumble and his smile instantly falls.

   "Genders." He states and I let out a sigh as I clear my throat.

   "Male and female." I respond and he shakes his head as he turns away and walks towards Tina. They whisper a few words and then he walks back to me. "News?"