The Darkness from Before

I told you no one loves you. Why didn't you just listen to me before, you are such an embarrassment, no wonder he had to go to Jenny. You're a worthless piece of shit. Your parents probably got in that wreck to kill themselves and get away from you. You are an empty shell of a human being.

   "Drew?" I snap up from my apple and look up to see Lucy staring at me. "Are you alright." She mumbles and I smile at her.

   "Yeah I'm great! Just a little tired!" I state and she glances at my apple.

   "It's been 15 minutes since you sat down, how come you haven't eaten?" She asks and I laugh a little and pat my stomach.

   "I got up in the middle of the night and had a snack!" I state and she smiles, her face relaxing.

   "That makes me feel better! I was worried you were getting the same sickness as Charlie!" She says and I flinch a little at his name. "Even if you did, I think it would be okay."

   "What do you mean?" I ask and she nods towards the entrance doors.

   "He was already up and ready a day afterwards!" She cheers and I look over to see Charlie walking in. He smiles and waves at me and my heart instantly stops. I quickly stand up and the apple falls to the floor. "Whoa! Are you okay?" She asks and I nod laughing slightly.

   "I just forgot something at the cabin!" I say and hurry away. From the corner of my eye I see Charlie stand and watch me go, confusion clear on his face.

   I run out as fast as I can and hide away behind a building.  My body feels so cold and I feel empty but yet I want to hurl. My head hurts so bad I crumble to my knees. My eyes stream down with tears and I hear voices walking towards the center.

"Hey isn't the dance tonight?" A girl says as the boy laughs and shrugs.

   "Yeah I heard the theme is super dark!" He says and I hold myself close to the wall. "I know that the main thing is halloween. I'm thinking about being that clown from that one movie!"

   "So creepy." She grumbles and they laugh a little bit.

   "H-hey, why don't we go... ya know, maybe we could go together?" He asks and she bursts out laughing and he slowly laughs too.

   "That's a cute joke dude!" She says and I hear him laugh slowly as they continue down the path.

   A week... has a week really passed since the incident? I swear it just  happened yesterday.... the theme, skeletons in the closet.... How fitting for my situation. Thinking back I can vaguely remember Violet and them talking about how they wanted to dress up for it. Face painted like skeletons and such.... that all seems so real. My world is so dead I haven't noticed that a week has flown by...

   I curl my arms into my chest and hold my neck in a protective matter. My eyes burn with tears threatening to spill out. I let out a low cry and my heart burns in agony as I feel my whole body tremble.

   Do it Drew, what more do you have to live for? No one even cares about you anymore. Haven't they noticed that you've been suffering for a week? No, because they hate you. Don't you want to stop being a burden to everyone?

   "Yes..." I whisper and I suddenly stop crying and look up towards the woods. My face is set in a cold stare, I don't even move to wipe the tears from my cheeks. My head stops pounding and my body stops shaking. I feel like I'm in a trance almost. "I don't want to be a burden anymore." I mumble and stand up and walk towards the cabin that we stay in. I go into the room and I sit on my bed and slowly write a note, I stare blankly as I write everything I didn't know I was holding in.

   After writing it, I hide it in my pillow case and everyone else comes back into the cabin. "Hey Drew what happened? You left the place pretty quickly." Lucy says and I nod and give them a smile.

   "Just started feeling a little sick was all." I say as I look around and Tina pulls out a sack filled with face makeup and they all go over to her and begin talking about their plans while I lay down on my bed and look at my phone.

Charlie- "hey are you okay?"

   I feel myself about to laugh and hold it down as I type out two simple words before turning off my phone for the last time. "I'm fine."

•*•*•

   The center is filled with black lights and all sorts of dark Halloween decorations. I look around the place and see everyone talking and laughing with each other. I glance to my right to see a table stacked with foods and such and I watch as Jason and Daisy talk to each other. They seem to be flirting and I smile sadly watching as Daisy smiles and laughs.

   She used to laugh like that around me, when we were friends, before I ruined everything.

   I loud siren on the stage rings out and I watch as the lights all go out. Screams of panic erupt from the crowd and I look towards the stage as a blood red light flicks on and Charlie stands in center stage. His face is painted like Tat from American Horror Story, a skeleton. A familiar tune plays, he slowly begins to sing Heathens.

   I watch as the stage lights up and the entire band is creepy skeletons. I hear shouts and cheers and I slowly slip out the door in the darkest part of the building. I walk to the cabin in a hasty pace, I lay out my note and change out of my Kiki costume and into thick and heavy clothes.

   I take one look back at the cabin that so many amazing memories had happened, and then step away never looking back. Passing by the boys cabin along the way, I see the put in which I had watched Charlie play guitar from the veil of trees. That too I pass by without another glance.

   I climb up a hill, there is no moon to light my way, I simply use my small flashlight to find my way back to a place where I can only remember good things. I continue on my path and soon I hear the trickle of water, I come into the opening and before me, I see the falls. Wasting no time I climb my way up to the top of the ridge which the Falls come from. When I make it to the top, I look down into the black waters below.

   I used to look so beautiful, the water was crystal clear and now it's like a pit of tar. I click off my flashlight and hold onto it, adding some extra weight to my already dragging body. I stare down into the water and my heart slows way down it feels as if I'm moving in slow motion.

   I swing by foot over the ledge and begin to walk off completely. My body surges with such excitement, I can hear the voices in my mind telling to just walk off, and everything will end.

*SNAP!*

   I step away from the ridge and swing my head around to look behind me. A canopy of thick trees and vines is there, and I click on my flashlight to peer through.

   "Hello!" I ask and walk over towards the vines, I peek my head through and see downhill slope. "Hmm maybe a rock fell or something." I mumble and turn around and my flashlight shines on a bloody mouth figure. His knightly coat covered with moss and holes. "K-Kenny?!" I shout and his hands slam into my shoulders. I fumble through the vines, and try to grab hold, but it's too late.

   I slam into a sharp rock and tumble down the hill, and soon, I am floating through the air. Most people would think it would be in slow motion, but it's not. I turn my body where I am facing my end. I don't even have time to scream as a stone ground surges towards me. I close my eyes and-

*CRACK!*

•*•*•

Hey hey guys! I'm sorry it took so long... this chapter was hard to write do to the attempt of, well... you see I've had the troubles myself and I know many people do too. So it was a very hard subject to write about, I hope you all enjoyed and I will be posting again soon. I might even do it later today. I love you all and please, vote, comment, add and or follow for more!