Making it to First Base

"Let's play ball!" A shout rings out and an uproar of cheers fill my ears. I blink out towards the crowd and sneeze as dust kicks up. Dean shouts from the dugout and I look in from the outfield.

How did this happen? It was a peaceful day, Dean and I have established our plan and then suddenly I am in a freaking baseball field with a glove on my left hand. Violet stands on the pitchers mound and I groan as I shake my head. Oh yeah, Violet did this....

•*EARLIER THAT DAY*•

"So this is the plan huh?" I ask and Dean nods happily as I lean forward and pick up a stick from the ground. "How long are we going to do this for?"

"As long as you want to, but I was thinking until we break him into tiny little pieces." He explains and I nod as he shifts his body closer to me. "I think it's pretty interesting if you ask me."

"I want to do it, but I feel bad for wanting to do it... does that make any sense?" I ask and he laughs and bumps his shoulder into mine.

"It makes sense Drew, and after a while, if it doesn't make you feel better, we will stop okay?" He says and I nod as brush my hair out of my face. "Charlie is looking this way." He says it low and I feel his body press closer to mine. "You ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I answer and he snorts as he lays his head on my shoulder. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Napping." He says and I shake my head as I look down at his face. His lashes curl upward, such beautiful long lashes, and his lips are parted ever so slightly, like he's a sleeping child. "I smell his pancake breath from here." He mutters and I laugh as I glance up, and sure enough Charlie is staring at us. "Well, is he looking still?"

"Yeah." I mumble and he shifts his body where his head lies in my lap. "Oh my." I watch as Charlie's body tenses up and I suppress an evil smile. "I think it's working Dean." I say and look down and the air catches in my throat.

Dean lays there, staring up at me, his eyes locked with mine. A small wind blows through his hair brushing it across his forehead ever so slightly. His skin is tan from the summer sun. He smiles slightly and I swallow hard as he reaches up and brushes a few loose strands behind my ear. His eyes flick to the right and he laughs to himself as he looks back to me.

"Oh yeah, he's pissed." He says and I laugh as he slowly sits up. He tries his best to not hurt his ankle and I look at it. "Man this really sucks."

"I know your pain." I answer and he shrugs as I hear a distant shout. "Did you hear that?"

"DREW!" Daisy screams and I look up as she runs towards us. "Oh god! I finally found you!"

"What's the matter?" I ask and she sucks in a few breaths of air.

"It's Violet!" She says and I stand up as quickly as possible. Dean grabs his crutches and I help him to his feet. "It's really really bad Drew!"

"Calm down. It's going to be okay!" I answer and flag down a cart. We all climb in and Daisy tells them where to go.

•*NOW*•

I glare towards Violet as she tosses the ball into the air. Dean claps his hand and whistles at me. I look at him and he gives me a thumbs up, smiling, I hold up my middle finger. He laughs and claps his hands together happily.

He pisses me off sometimes... He is so lucky that he has a sprained ankle and can't be out here, then again, I feel like he would enjoy being out here.

I hear the ding of a bat and look up as it sails towards me. Groaning I hold up my glove and it falls right into it. Cheers ring out from we're out little group of campers sit. I wave it around and throw it to Adam. He catches it and throws it to Violet who gives me a thumbs up and I groan.

"That's my girl!" Dean shouts and I snap my head towards him. He blows me a little kiss and I laugh rolling my eyes as I turn back. From the corner of my eye, I see Charlie glaring towards Dean and I smile. I smile and wave at Dean as the game continues.

   The game goes on, the sun begins to set and I groan as I lay my head on Dean's shoulder. He twirls my ponytail around and I let out a yawn. "It's been two hours." Daisy grumbles and I look at the score. "The moment someone pulls ahead we are calling game." She mutters and I nod as Adam comes in tossing his bat to the ground and letting out a sigh of frustration. "Oh it's the third out, we have to go back to field." Daisy whines and I scream into Dean's shoulder. He pats my back as I get up and leave.

   It doesn't take long for them to get the bases loaded, and up to bat next is the very reason we have to play this game. Violet's biggest rival, Corey. He points his bat straight to Violet and she glares hard. She throws the hardest, fastest curveball she can, but he hits it hard and it flys straight over the fence. She stares out towards were it flew and we all hurry in to shake hands. After shaking hands, we stand and Violet steps forward, arms folded as she glares towards Corey.

   "Alright Corey, you won... Now what do you want, a loser dance and song like 6th grade?" She asks and he shakes his head. He opens his bag and pulls out a baseball tossing it towards her. "What is this?" She asks and he smiles at her.

   "It has my request on it." He states and I lean in to read what is on the ball.

   "It says 'Date?'.." Daisy states and when we look back up Corey is kneeling down and looking at us with pleading eyes.

   "Violet, will you please go on a date with me?" He asks and I stare in shock. I look to Daisy who also stares at him, mouth a gap. Violet however, stands completely still, her eyes never leaves Corey's. Finally she tosses the ball to the ground beneath him, and he looks at it but quickly looks back to her.

   "Well you did win, I guess I have to." She answers folding her arms over her chest. "It will happen tomorrow." With that, she walks away, not saying another word.

•*•*•

Hey everyone!!! Thanks for reading!!! I hope you all enjoyed, please give it a vote, comment, add and follow me for more updates and soon to come stories!!!!! I love you allllll and have a great day/night!!!!