Lake Daze and Mouth to Mouth

Patricia stands in a corner, her eyes a piercing gaze towards Pete under her black bangs. I elbow Dean who glances up from his swollen ankle. He follows my gaze and he snickers slightly. "You know, I don't think he actually knows that she likes him." He says and I frown as I watch the sadness unfold before me.

"It's depressing." I exclaim and he snorts as he goes to stand up. "What is it?" I ask and he gives me a faint smile.

"I have a slight idea!" He says and I raise an eyebrow at him. "What could possible bring two antisocial, awkward, emo teens together?"

"Supernatural? I don't know what?" He smiles evilly as he turns around and slams his crutches grabbing the groups attention.

"Alright everyone, let's pack a cooler." He says and they all look around at each other. "We are going to have a lake day!"

   "Really?!" Brittany cheers and Patricia's face falls. "I need to run up and get my bathing suit!" She exclaims and grabs Opal's hand pulling her along.

   "Wait for me!" Maddie calls and looks over to Patricia. "Are you going to come with us? You may need your suit as well."

   "Do I look like I swim?" She says rolling her eyes as Maddie shrugs and hurries towards the other two girls. "I don't even do the outdoors."

"Then why are you here?" I ask and she folds her arms as she glares towards the ground.

"My mom made me." She mutters and I sigh as I look towards Dean who is talking to the boys.

"My friends made me come when I first came here." I exclaim and she looks towards me. "I hated it too, but it all started to grow on me and I wound up having a great time."

"Yeah well... the thing I think will make it better, doesn't even know I exist." She mutters and I follow her gaze, sure enough, she is staring at Pete who stands in the group, but seems like he is all alone.

"It will get better." I say and walk away to the boys. Dean shoos then to go get their stuff and they happily take off running. "We have to figure out a way." I state and he stands beside me.

"Well, while I talked to them, I noticed his gaze kept looking towards the two of you." He says and I nod as he leans against the wall.

"This is going to suck for you." I say and he nods as I pat his shoulder. "Poor little Dean, can't swim today."

"The water calls me. It is my home." He says and I laugh as he snorts and smiles. "You need to be careful."

"Oh yeah? How come?" I ask and he gives me a devilish smile.

"Well, if you drown, I won't be able to dive in and save you." He says and I roll my eyes as he leans forward. "It would be quiet interesting to have our first kiss again though." He smiles and I blush as I remember him saving me and giving me mouth to mouth resuscitation so long ago.

"That's a really cheesy line." I say and glance around. "But Charlie is right there so that makes sense." I state and he looks up and spots him and nods.

"He's seething."

"Very much so, looks like the girls are back, I need to go get my suit so please, take care of them."

"Scouts honor." He says and I laugh as I walk away, and I barely catch what he says next. "Didn't even know he was there..."