Rock Climbing and a Picnic

I lace up my shoes and step outside the cabin door. The sun peeks just over the hill in the east, and I stretch out my arms towards the sun. It is a little chilly as a small wind blows through the camp and I head towards the cafeteria for breakfast. This would be the first whole day back at the camp, even though yesterday seemed long enough. I look over towards where the lake would be, and a very faint line of smoke rises in the air. The logs that were pitched on the fire have yet to stop burning, and the small wind must be helping the small embers stay lit.

   I open the door to the main center and the air is filled with a delicious scent of bacon and eggs. I take in a deep breath and I catch the scent of waffles. I pull on a try and hurry to where they had always been. Sitting under the heat lamp, a single golden waffle Waits and I smile happily as I reach out and someone with pink nails grabs it.

   "I'm sorry, did you want this?" I look up to see Jenny who smiles as takes a bite of it. "Oops." She shrugs and walks away and my eyebrow twitches.

   "Damn that waffle stealing heaten!" I hiss and frown as I grab some cereal and find where Violet and Daisy are. "Hey."

   "You aren't eating waffles?" Daisy asks eyes wide and I shake my head nodding towards Jenny.

   "That waffle stealing bitch!" Violet shouts and I sigh as she pats my head. "There there Drew."

   I growl and she pulls her hands away as I munch on some Shamrock Charms as I watch everyone walk in. The boys step into the door, loud as ever as they laugh boisterously. In the back of the group, Charlie steps inside, and my heart instantly races. His eyes instantly find mine and he gives a little wave and I give a little wave back. His face brightens with a smile and he grabs a try getting some breakfast. Soon, Adam and Dean walk up laughing nonstop as they take their seats, Adam by Violet and Dean, on Adam's other side, right across from me.

   "So what's so funny?" Violet asks leaning over  peering at Adam and he goes to talk but wheezes out a laugh and dean folds over laughing harder than before. "Oh god not this again..."

   "What's going on?" I mumble as the others come over and Charlie quietly sits beside me. "Hi."

   "Hi." He whispers and I smile looking back at Dean and Adam who are still laughing uncontrollably then to Violet.

   "It happened since what? Last year?" She asks Daisy and she nods. "They have like this thing together, it's weird."

   "It is not weird!" Dean says as he takes a deep breath. "Okay, I'm calm now." He nods and takes a bite of his apple as I raise an eyebrow. "What are you looking at?"

   "Nothing..." I mutter and Kenny sits down happily.

   "Mornin'!" He cheers happily and Adam looks over at Dean who is shoving an orange slice into his mouth. They share one look and burst out laughing. "So it's this again?"

   "Yes sir." Daisy nods and Jason quietly sits by Dean and steals an apple slice from Dean's plate while he is too busy laughing. I look at him eyes wide and he looks back at me.

   "They were out of apples." He states and goes to take a bite but Dean grabs it and shoves the apple slice into his mouth. "Awe..." Jason frowns and Dean shows him a smile, the outer edge of the apple being his teeth. "I swear you are a child."

    "Great news guys!" Ms. Tina calls as she sits down beside Kenny and smiles at us.

   "Kenny's not a virgin?" Dean asks and Daisy coughs as Kenny narrows his eyes. "Well I assume you guys have finally done something, you are practically glowing!"