1 - 4

YEAR 1
The Philosopher's Stone

"They're also both bloody idiots."

_____

The two girls walked into the common room the next morning to be met with a few first years stood around the notice board in the Slytherin common room. Pansy and y/n were quick to walk over, pushing roughly past the rest of their class mates.

They met Draco at the front of the crowd, staring at the board in annoyance. Y/n was curious why, until she looked at the board. Pinned onto the wood was a piece of paper, it read:

'Flying Lessons Start On Thursday, Slytherin and Gryffindor house will be flying together."

"Unbelievable," Malfoy said, obviously furious, "Wait until my father hears about this."

"Your father can't do anything about it Malfoy, it's only a flying lesson. Stop being so dramatic." Y/n rolled her eyes at the overly dramatic eleven year old.

"Thinking about it, it'll be hilarious to watch Potter fail miserably at flying a broom." Draco laughed, causing Crabbe and Goyle laugh as well.

"That's the spirit." y/n scoffed sarcastically before pushing out of the crowd with Pansy following behind her.

The girls went to breakfast, Pansy was rambling to y/n about how proud her parents will be that she got into Slytherin. Y/n wasn't paying attention, she was thinking about the flying lessons.

Even though y/n was almost an expert at Potions she wasn't very good at flying a broom, when she was younger her Uncle tried to teach her how to fly, it turned out badly. Y/n ended up breaking her arm and no way did she want to embarrass herself in front of the whole Slytherin and Gryffindor first years. She would never live it down.

They took a seat at the breakfast table where Draco was no where to be seen, y/n watched as Owls began to fly over the tables dropping everyone letter off. She waited patiently for her recognizable Owl, it wasn't until Pansy received her letter that y/n spotted the grey bird swooping over her.

It dropped a letter in to her hands that was poshly packaged. It had her name sprawled over he front in her fathers handwriting.

My Dear y/n,

It's been a whole week and Pippin hasn't brought us notice on how your first day went. I hope my little girl was successful and got into the best house there is, Slytherin. Let us know how your first lessons have been and who you've made friends with.

Love and Regards,
Dad

Her father seemed keen to make sure his daughter was making friends with the right, pure blood, rich wizards. Y/n knew that when she mentioned Malfoy her father would be happy with her friend choices.

Speaking of Malfoy, he walked past the Gryffindor table. Y/n watched carefully as he snatched something from a helpless boy known as Neville Longbottom. The ginger Gryffindor jumped up, looking ready to start a fight with Draco but Professor Mcgonagall was quick to jump into the commotion.

"What's going on?" She asked the group of boys.

"Malfoy's got my remembrall, Professor." Neville whined to the teacher.