7 - 23

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"We are so proud of you my darling."

~~~

Y/n sprinted through the corridors of Hogwarts, all around her students, teachers and members of the order were fighting off Death Eaters. They were all protecting the school and what they believe in as a collective community.

But Y/n knew that tonight, people were going to die. Not everyone would survive these attacks and not everyone will come out unharmed. And Y/n fought through the crowds looking for the two people she hadn't seen in months. The very two people she cared mostly about. But her parents were nowhere to be seen.

Yet Y/n couldn't just run and search, she had to go and help the fights. Y/n watched as someone disarmed Neville and his wand was flew backwards and away from him. Y/n jumped in front of him, and sent a shield over them to block a curse that was being sent at Neville.  

This happened multiple times and Y/n managed to block them all, sending the spells upwards like a wave and letting it disappear into thin air. And finally Y/n gave up on blocking them and decided to take one for the team.

"Avada Kedavra." Y/n yelled out, sending back the Death Eater and letting him lie lifeless on the floor.

Neville jumped to his wand and picked it up. Keeping it gripped in his hands tightly, hoping not to loose it again in a battle.

"Thanks for that!" Neville said, happily.

"Neville, have you seen my parents?" Y/n asked quickly, trying not to waste any time at all.

"I haven't." Neville said, "But watch your back."

Y/n turned to see a spell coming right at her, quickly she turned to shield it and the spell fell around her and Neville. Neville threw a curse at the thrower and send him backwards. Dead or unconscious.

"Try the Great Hall!" Neville called as he ran in the other direction.

Y/n nodded and began to run down towards the first floor, shooting spells over her shoulder to help out random Hogwarts students as she did so. Soon she found herself at the open doors of the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was so packed of people that Y/n could barely see her parents through the crowd at all. But the golden robes, spotted with blood and dirt were more than recognisable to Y/n. Her parents were locked in a duel with someone. Their attacks missing them massively. But Y/n had to help them.

"Expelliarmus!" She yelled, sending the enemy's wand flying backwards, "Stupefy!"

The Death Eater travelled backwards towards the back of the room. Leaving Mr and Mrs Moonshine stood, heavy breathed. They turned around to see who had come to their rescue. And their eyes softened when they landed on their daughter.

Y/n ran forward into her mother's arms and began to bawl out all the emotions she was holding in. She felt the long arms of her father wrap around them both. Y/n was tucked into a loving and warm cuddle of embrace and she loved it. She had missed her family so much.

"We are so proud of you my darling." Her mother choked out, "You have made the Moonshine name even more legendary."

"The last few months of wondering about your safety was complete torture. But we knew Merlin would be up there, watching over his honorary decedent."  Her father commented.

Y/n felt so much love with her parents that she forgot about everything that was going on around her. Her mind chimed into the many spells that were being thrown around the room and she jumped up and away from her parents.

She spotted Molly Weasley in the corner of the room, struggling to keep on her feet against a very skilled opponent. Her wand was loosely in her hand and it was very close to falling out. Y/n jumped in to help her. Helping her throw and block spells at the man.

"Avada Kedavra!" They yelled and the green spell made its way directly at Mrs Weasley's chest.

Y/n jumped in the way of it, stopping the motherly woman from getting struck by the curse. Just like always the green spell had gone just centimeters from her. The man looked dumbstruck and didn't know how to react.

"Avada Kedavra!" Y/n yelled at him and it hit him in the head.

He laid on the floor, eyes open, pain on his face. But Y/n didn't care, as she looked up into Molly's eyes she saw all the love and gratitude she needed. The mother pulled her into a large hug, tears running out of her eyes.

"Thank you, Y/n dear. That was really brave of you!" She sobbed..

Y/n felt so overwhelmed by all the love and hate that we being kept in the same building. But there was no time to think about that. Everything stopped, the low feeling of dread hung over everyone again. This was known too well, people went silent for the voice that was beginning to whisper to them, once more.

"You have fought valiantly but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity." Voldemort said in a hushed tone, "Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me."

As the voice faded and stopped, everyone looked around terror stricken. Death Eaters and other Allies fled the scene leaving the dead, damaged and alive to fend for themselves. Then all hell broke loose and students began to run. Including Y/n.

"Where are you going?" Mrs Weasley called out after the girl that had just saved her life

"To find Harry!" Y/n yelled back and her feet didn't stop moving.

And they wouldn't stop until she caught Harry.