7 - 16

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"That sword was meant to be in my vault at Gringotts. How did you get it?"

~~~

"I spent so long thinking I was never going to see you again." Draco whispered to her.

His voice was the only think that she could focus on, nothing else that was going on around them, just him. Looking down at her with his big, permanently scared eyes made Y/n feel guilty that she had not been here to help him.

"Mum and Dad though it would be safer for you. We feared he would send you to try and recruit us, us being as close as we were. But they knew you would fail, we would rather die fighting than join him." Y/n explained, "If he read your mind he would know that we were truly out of his reach."

Draco scooped her hands into him and gripped them so tightly that Y/n could not move her fingers. But she was feeling that warmth that she had been missing for so long. Her insides no longer felt hollow, they were now made of jelly.

"That is the most treacherous thing I have ever heard." Draco informed her, in a whisper, "But again, Moonshine, you have proven to be the most caring being I know."

At Draco's soft words, he began to tilt his head down towards her, his eyes scanning her lips. She has wanted to do this for so long and she had waited since the night of their first kiss on top of the astronomy tower, for him to kiss her again.

Just as she closed her eyes and felt his warm breath so close to her face, a scream pulled her away instantly. The feminine scream made Y/n jump back away from Draco and take notice of what was happening in front of them.

Bellatrix had Hermione pinned to the floor, her whole body keeping Hermione flat on her back. Their faces inches apart, but Y/n doubted that they were seconds away from a kiss, just like she had been.

"That sword was meant to be in my vault at Gringotts. How did you get it?" She was speaking through clenched teeth and in a whisper, "What else did you and your friends take from my vault?"

"I didn't take anything. Please I didn't take anything." Hermione sobbed, begging for forgiveness

"I don't believe it." She whispered back.

She reached over to Hermione's arm, Hermione started to scream and kick from underneath her. Crying as loudly as possible. Bellatrix was carving into her arm, making sure it was deep enough to scar.

Y/n began to walk forward to help her friend, her arms left Draco's who let them just slip away. Y/n went to lunge towards the two on the floor, but a pair of arms stopped her, wrapping around her so tightly that she could not more.

"No, Draco!" Y/n cried, "Please, let me help her!"

As Hermione's screams got louder and more painful, Draco's arms held Y/n in place more tightly. No matter how much she was thrashing out to get him off her.

"Please!" Hermione screamed.

"Shut up!" Bella cried back.

Y/n's tears began to fall as she pleaded even more with Draco. Her hand hit him on his arms, she kicked him in his legs. He was not prepared to let her go again. Y/n understood and she didn't want to be let go forever, she just needed to help Hermione.

Wormtail eventually came to the rescue, bringing out a Goblin from the place they escorted Ron and Harry down too. Bellatrix them immediately left Hermione on the floor and jumped at the chance to interrogate the Goblin about her vault.

"Okay, calm down. She's fine, now." Draco whispered into her ear from behind, "I was not going to let you get yourself hurt."

Y/n melted like butter and sort of became limp in his arms. Her legs were unable to hold her up and if it wasn't for Draco's arms, she would have crashed to the ground. Her face was still dripping wet from crying.

Bellatrix's harsh hisses at the Goblin made Y/n not want to focus in on what was happening anymore. So her eyes were trained on the stairs that lead down to the dungeon. Slowly, she began to focus in on something, the tops of two heads. One black haired, the other ginger.

The feeling returned to her legs when she saw Harry and Ron had escaped, but didn't stand up immediately, she had to slowly ease herself up, making sure she didn't look suspicious. As soon as Bellatrix turned her attention back to Hermione. That's when Ron and Harry came running out.

Ron disarmed Bellatrix, sending her wand flying backwards. Lucius tried to jump into help but Harry blasted him backwards with the Stupefy spell. Draco immediately dropped Y/n to the floor to help fend with his mother. Before Y/n could scramble up to help, Bellatrix was already shouting.

"Stop!" She yelled, in her hands she held a knife, in the other Hermione's head was being pulled backwards, the sharp blade on her neck, "Drop your wands."

Harry and Ron stopped for a moment before dropping their wands down onto the floor with a crash. Bella then turned to Y/n and looked at her expectantly, and she followed the instructions and dropped her wand too.

"Pick them up, Draco, now." Bella commanded.

Draco obeyed, quickly running to pick up Harry and Ron's wands from the floor. Next he made his way over to Y/n and picked up hers from the floor too, but remained next to her as he watched what was happening.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." Bellatrix said, "It's Harry Potter."

Y/n then noticed that Harry's face had gone back to normal and he was now easily recognised by Draco.

"He's all bright and shiny and new again, just in time for the Dark Lord." She gushed, "Call him."

All eyes then landed on Draco, who looked as scared as ever. Lucius stepped towards him again, looking at his son expectantly. So was Bellatrix, she was waiting for her Nephew's time to shine. He then looked down at Y/n.

"No, Draco." She whispered, "Please."

Draco looked down at the floor, a nonverbal response that he refused to be the one that called the Dark Lord. So Lucius took charge and stepped in front of Draco, ripping his sleeve up to show the Dark Mark.

Just as he raised his hand to touch it, the sudden squeak from above had pulled everyone's attention away to the original task. Y/n looked up at the great big crystal chander. To her surprise on top of it, sat Dobby the house elf.

Suddenly, the chandelier fell from above Bellatrix and Hermione. She pushed Hermione forward and herself back, in order for her to escape the falling light. Ron caught hold of Hermione as she fell and Bellatrix fell back screaming.

Y/n needed her wand and this was the perfect time and distraction to get it back.

She spun Draco around and connected his lips with hers immediately. He sunk into it although their lips didn't move as passionately as she wanted them too. But it worked to Y/n's advantage. Draco's hands seems to ease away from the wands quickly as Y/n pulled them from his hands and pulled away to be with her friends.

"Stupid elf!" Bellatrix bellowed as Y/n took cover behind Ron, "You could have killed me."

"Dobby never meant to kill. Dobby only meant to maim or seriously injure." Dobby informed them.

Narcissa began to swing her wand around to conjure a spell, but at the last moment Dobby had clicked his fingers and the wand came out of her hand. It flew through the air and into Dobby's hand.

"How are you take a witch's wand" Bellatrix gasped, "How dare you defy your masters!"

"Dobby has no master, Dobby is a free elf!" He announced pleasantly, "And Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends."

They all grabbed a hold of Dobby readying to apparate out of there, Y/n locked eyes with Draco from the other said of the room, she glanced apologetically at him. And just before they disappeared, she saw a nasty smirk on Bellatrix's face.