7 - 10

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"Don't even dare try and Avada Kedavra me Ronald Weasley!"

~~~

Y/n and Ron found themselves stood outside of a grand building known as Moonshine Mansion. No one had been there for a while. So the building looked dark and gloomy, with no lights illuminating the windows.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Ron asked as they began to walk down the path towards the front door.

"I'm dead." Y/n replied bluntly, "Who's looking for me?"

Without a word, the pair walked up the steps towards the grand and towering front door. The Moonshine crest was spread across it. But Y/n stopped in her tracks when she spotted something sitting in front of it.

There was a huge bunch of green roses. Roses symbolise romantic gestures and love and for them to come in green could only mean that the green was symbolising the house she was in at Hogwarts school. Slytherin.

She walked closer to the flowers and hesitantly picked them up, on then was a name tag that she didn't want to turn over. But she did and her heart sunk at the handwriting. On this was wrote, in italic writing:

Nothing loved is ever lost
~Draco Malfoy

Y/n choked back the tears as she gripped the flowers in her hand, her eyes were blurring over with so much water that his name become hard to read. She scanned it again and again, until the tears spilled down her cheeks.

Ron, who was reading over her shoulder, placed a comforting hand onto her back. Y/n turned to look at him with her watery eyes.

"Come on, Y/n." He said, "Let's go inside."

She nodded and still gripping the flowers, she opened the front door. Being greeted by the the familiar hallway and large golden staircase was comforting for Y/n and her chest began to warm. She turned on her heels and headed to the living room that was just as dark as the mood was.

She made her way over to the fire place and cast the Incendio, making a large roaring flame to warm the room. She shrugged off her coat and welcomed Ron into her home.

"Make yourself comfortable here. We will be sleeping on the sofas. There is guest rooms upstairs, but I think it would be safer to be down here for now." Y/n informed him, "The kitchen is down the hall, three doors on the right. Please help yourself. We should have a lot of non perishable food."

Ron jumped straight at the chance to be fed and turned around and headed down the hall. Y/n however took a seat on her comfortable sofa, looking at the flowers that had been left. She wondered how long they had been there for?

They seemed quite fresh, unless they had been charmed to never die, but this could mean Draco was still alive and well. Well, as well as you could be in times like these. She felt herself get giddy at the thought.

"Your house is huge!" Ron's voice broke her out of her thought, "No wonder you call it a mansion."

Ron sat down next to Y/n, a packet of crackers in his hand along with some spreadable cheese that he was dipping them in. She immediately smiled at Ron's raised mood.

"You seem a lot more calm." Y/n told him, "I bet you feel so much better."

"I do. That locket can change people, I don't recommend wearing it at all." Ron informed Y/n, shaking his head.

"As soon as we find Harry and Hermione. You need to apologise." Y/n informed him, "But we need to wait till morning now."

Ron agreed, nodding along and crunching on his food. Y/n didn't want to eat, her mind was elsewhere at that moment in time. Thinking back through everything they've been through on this journey. As it got later into the night, Ron and Y/n got more comfortable on each sofa.

"Hey Y/n, I haven't really asked you about this." Ron cut off the silence, "That night back in the café, when you repelled that curse, how did you do it?"

Y/n hadn't thought about that night in a long while.

"I'm not sure, it just happened naturally I guess." Y/n replied, staring at the ceiling.

"Brilliant." Ron gushed back, "Your blood is legendary."

"Excuse you?" Y/n quizzed.

She rolled over onto her side to look towards where Ron was lying on the other sofa. The fire was lighting up his face and orange her prominently. As he stared back at her in disbelief.

"Don't tell me you don't know!" He gasped, looking at her strangely, "Everyone knows about the Moonshine family!"

"Apparently, everyone but me." Y/n still as confused as she was before.

"This ability you have has been passed down your family bloodline for generations. All started by Merlin of course. Every first born in a new generation gets it, I heard. Of course that means you stripped your mother from it." Ron carried on explaining.

Y/n stared at him baffled. She had no idea what he was going on about. She knew that her family were pretty good at brewing some of the most complicated potions ever made. But that was nothing to brag about.

"Ron, I really don't know what you're going on about?" Y/n stopped him, as he tried to explain the topic a little more.

"You have the ability to block the killing curse, naturally." Ron informed her.

"What?" Y/n asked in disbelief, "Of course not, I would have known about something as extreme as that!"

"Really? How many Killing Curses have you been hit with in your life, Y/n?" Ron asked.

Obviously, the answer was one. But surely she would have found out if this was true, her mother and father would have told her. She just could not wrap her head around it.

Seeing her confused expression, Ron stood up from his place on the sofa and moved around into a much bigger space. Beckoning Y/n to follow him. She did as he said, and joined him in the middle of the floor.

"Look, let me show you." Ron said, taking out his wand.

"Don't even dare try and Avada Kedavra me Ronald Weasley!" Y/n shreaked, "Your theory is possibly not true!"

"But it is true!" Ron pleaded, "I've seen in myself."

Y/n glared at Ron, arms crossed against her chest as she breathes really heavily in anger. She couldn't believe that he wanted to use the Killing Curse on her. Y/n then jumped out of her skin when Ron shouted a familiar spell.

"Avada Kedavra!" He yelled sending green light at Y/n.

Y/n screamed loudly, preparing for the hit. But instead she just kept screaming and nothing hit her. She stopped suddenly, straightening herself up and looking at a grinning Ron. She was curious to what had happened.

"Do it again!" She asked, sounding out of her mind.

And Ron did, the green sparks came at her, but just millimeters away, the sort of absorbed and vanished. Just like the night at the Café, she then shared an amazed look with Ron.

"I'm invincible!" She declared beaming at Ron.

"Well not really, a Blasting Curse to the heart would kill you like any other witch or wizard." Ron muttered.

"That's not my point."