7 - 7

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"Maybe we should leave, before they come back."

~~~

After fussing over Ron, Y/n and Hermione started to put protective enchantments all around the area they were stationed in. Harry set up a tent, mainly so Ron could rest his injury overnight. In the morning it had seemed to heal nicely.

Once they were all awake, the first order of business was to try and destroy their first founded Horcrux. So all three of them stood around it while the locket rested on the branch of a tree.

"You first." Hermione said, knocking Y/n with her elbow.

Y/n nodded and stepped forward, raising her hand up to the locket. All three of them were watching her and she gulped at the pressure. She then said the first destructive spell that came to her head.

"Confringo." She bellowed, shooting the spell at the locket.

As expected, it did not explode, but just jumped into the air, landing on the floor, undamaged. Harry then stepped up, firing, Dissendium at it. This was to reveal anything that may be hidden inside. But again, the locket just bounced up into the air.

Hermione then stepped forward, trying Incendio. This should have burnt the locket and destroyed it. But instead it lit on fire and carried on burning until it extinguished itself. It was left without a mark or burn on it's gold finish.

"Expulso." Harry fired. But again it just jumped backwards away from them on the floor.

Harry then lost his temper with the locket and began to blast many verbal and non verbal spells at it. The locket continued not to break and Y/n knew that there was some dark magic protecting it. This couldn't be that simple.

Harry set it on fire one last time, and of course it made no difference. Harry picked it up from the floor, and put it around his neck in defeat. Which Y/n thought it may be a bad idea.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked.

"We have to keep it safe until we find out how to destroy it," Harry sighed.

"It seems strange mate. Dumbledore sends you off to find all these Horcruxes, but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron's voice was filled with annoyance. It was obvious that he was fed up, all of them were.

Harry sighed and walked off, back towards the tent. Hermione and Ron had disappeared off into the woods where they were collecting wood to make a fire. Y/n went to join Harry next to the tent. To offer him a little bit of company. The noise of the radio was playing the back.

She noticed he was rigid and breathing heavily. His eyes were wide as he looked into the distance and a small sweat beginning to break out. He then jerked back into normality and Y/n stared at him in sorrow.

"I thought that may have stopped by now." She said softly, "Letting him in may be dangerous."

Harry paused for a moment and Hermione came to join them, sitting cross legged in front of the tent, her eyes boring into Harry.

"You-Know-Who had found Gregorovitch." Harry informed them, "He wants something that Gregorovitch used to have but I don't know what. But he wants it desperately. I mean, it's as if his life depends on it."

The radio made a loud cracking sound before the voice continued to talk about the latest disappearances. It made Harry jump in annoyance and turn towards it.

"That sets my teeth on edge!" Harry announced, clearly frustrated, "What's he expected to hear? Good news?"

"I think he just hopes he doesn't hear bad news Harry." Y/n butted it, a quiet voice.

Harry seemed to brush the idea off and stood up, brushing the leaves from his legs.

"How long until he can travel?" He asked Hermione.

Hermione looked down in a little bit reluctant. Her eyes then travelled back up to Harry who looked rather fed up. She then shook her head, indicating that it will not be soon. His jaw tightened a little.

"I'm doing everything I can!" Hermione informed him, her words came out slowly.

"You're not doing enough!" Harry yelled at the top of his voice,

Y/n stood up and jumped in front of Harry, her hands on his shoulder, telling him to calm down a little. His angry eyes met her warning ones. Without argument, he tried to storm off a little deeper into the woods.

"Harry take that thing off, now!" Y/n said, authority filling her voice, Harry spun round to meet her eyes, "I said take it off, now!"

With hate in his eyes, Harry fumbled with his neck line and aggressively took off the locket and placed into Hermione's palm.

"Better?" Hermione asked, as Harry looked at her as though so much weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

"Loads!" He agreed, suddenly a little relaxed.

"We should take it in turns, that way no one will get overly aggravated." Y/n suggested.

Hermione nodded, taking the locket and enclosing it in her hand.

Night fell and the whole area was silent accept from the buzzing of wildlife that was coming out from their nocturnal slumber. Y/n and Hermione both sat outside of the tent, being warmed by a small fire. Both of the boys were inside and asleep.

Both of the girls were in the comfort of silence, and were startled when they heard a twig snap. They exchanged looks of curiosity before standing up and heading towards the area of interest. Both of them moved quietly and on their tip toes.

Shakily, they walked as far out as their enchantments would let them. Rustling was now coming from the place in question and other than that, the girls could only hear their uneven breaths. Y/n and Hermione then stopped as the noise got closer and the makers revealed themselves.

It was a group of grubby looking death eaters, which Y/n knew were snatchers. Lead by a known death eater called, Scabior. They walked straight past Hermione,  not seeing her due to her enchantments. But the soon stopped.

"What's that?" Scabior asked, "What's that smell?"

He was staring straight at the girls, who were holding their breaths. His attention was then ripped away by one of his  team dropping a body they were carrying.

"What are you doing?" He asked, stalking away.

Y/n looked back over at Hermione who looked very shaken. With a quick nod of her head, Y/n began to slowly, walk backwards. Leaves were slightly audible under their feet but they expected that the snatchers were far enough away not to hear them.

They stopped at the fire, exchanging panicked looks.

"Well," Y/n sighed, "At least we know your enchantments work."

"He could smell it. My perfume." Hermione answered back a little shaken.

"Maybe we should leave, before they come back." Y/n suggested, taking a seat back next to the fire.

"Ron isn't strong enough to apparate." Hermione sighed.

She took a seat next to the fire and the two girls never took their eyes off the brilliant flames.

"Let's go on foot." Y/n blurted out, only to be met with the considering eyes of Hermione Granger.