6 - 2

Year 6
The Half Blood Prince

"Y/n it's not like you need it either. We all know you and Malfoy are secretly infatuated with each other."

~~~

Latley Diagon Ally had been run down, each and every shop was trashed and empty, left in nothing but ruins. But some how the amazing pair of Weasleys had set up a wonderland for the younger Pranksters of the Wizarding world.

Y/n stood inside of the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop, currently owned by Fred and George Weasley. The shop was bustling with people, and the atmophere was amazing. Nothing really sat still in that shop, they even had sweets pouring from ever crevise of the walls. Everything from transporting the sweets to the shelves to the cooking of the actual treats wasn't a bore.

Y/n, Hermione and Ginny all stood around a big pink display. In their hands they held a bottle of love potion that was on sale, and Y/n was most intrested in them, not for use, but to know if they actually worked. Girls her age seemed to have their brains over ran by the thought of boys. And Y/n half related to that, but with the current situation with Draco, she thought differently than the other girls.

"Hello ladies." Fred and George swung their way over to them, "Love potions ey?"

"Yeah they do really work." One of the twins said, "Then again, the way we hear it sis, you're doing just fine on your own."

"Meaning?" Ginny said, raising her eyebrows at her brothers.

"Are you not curently dating Dean Thomas?" George said.

"It's non of your business." Ginny replied, slotting the bottle back onto the desplay and walking away.

"Y/n it's not like you need it either. We all know you and Malfoy are secretly infatuated with each other." Fred elbowed his brother.

Before Y/n could reply with something witty, something rather odd caught her eye. A hooded figure was stood in the window of the joke shop, waving at someone. She looked around and no one else seemed to be paying attention. Were they signalling her?

She exused herself from the twins, making her way outside to put her curiosity to bed. Once she was in the empty street the cloaked person walked stright towards her, and guided her into the abandoned shop of eeylops owl emporium. She knew it was extremely dangerous to be following this person, yet Y/n couldn't help herself.

But when she entered the shop, the person wasn't hooded anymore and they were very familiar to Y/n. Stood in front of her was Narcissa Malfoy who held her arms open for Y/n, seeing someone who was so close to Draco made Y/n's eyes cloud and she ran towards the mother.

Wrapping her arms around the woman brought Y/n peace, and as the woman stroked her hair, she felt calm.

"Y/n dear, how nice it is to see you." Mrs Malfoy exclaimed, letting Y/n go from her tight hug.

"It's a delightful suprise Mrs Malfoy, but what brings you to diagon ally?" Y/n asked, hoping to hear at least one thing about Draco.

"Actually sweetheart i was looking for you, to ask a favour." She started, "It's about Draco."

"Anything, anything at all. Please, ask away." Y/n said eagerly.

"All i ask for you this year is to watch over Draco. Please understand that he's going through a lot of things right now, and you must make sure not to pressure him into opening up. Y/n my tresure, Draco is going to be very distant this year and what I ask is that you just try to be there for him in any way possible, even if it's just by giving him love when he needs it most." Narcissa asked, her voice cracking with every plea.

"Mrs Malfoy, you're son is the most important thing to me, and i vow on my family name, i will always be there for him." Y/n said, taking hold of Mrs Malfoy's hands.

Narcissa pulled Y/n into another tight hug, keeping hold of the girl while tears slipped down her cheeks. Y/n sootheed her by rubbing her back gently, and returning the tightness of her embrace.

"You, my girl, are exactly who my Draco deserves in his life. You bring him happiness in his dreary situation." Narcissa complemented, "Now you must go, your friends will be curious if you are away for too long."

And with that Mrs Malfoy pulled back from the hug and disappeared out the back of the Owl shop, leaving Y/n stood on her own, surrounded by empty cages. When she left the shop she spotted her three friends leaving the wrecked Ollivanders. And she headed straight towards them.

They greeted her with a smile, but shot off down an ally to follow something. Y/n was trailing behind so she had no idea what they were following, but somehow they ended up outside of Borgin and Burkes.

The three were then quick to move, and climb their way up onto the roof of an over looking house, having a perfect veiw inside of the shop. Only then did Y/n learn who they were spying on.

"Draco." She whispered, looking at the boy she saw through the window.

He had changed quite a lot over the summer. His hair had been pushed neatly to the side, showing off more of his naturally contoured features. He had gotten taller, skinnier. Yet his skin was looking unhealthy, and his face was filled with fright. This was unnatural.

They watched as Draco inspected a cabinet carefully, running his fingers over it slowly. Y/n then saw Narcissa, not wearing her cloak anymore, holding her boy comfortingly before a figure moved in the way. The four had to duck behind the rood quickly to avoid being seen. And then, almost as if they knew they were being watched, the blinds were pulled.

"He looks poorly," Y/n muttered to herself.

"Poorly or not, he still looks like a git." Ron butted in as they climbed down from the roof.

"Ron, don't make me hex you." Y/n growled playfully.

"Okay sorry, yes poor, poor Malfoy." Ron mocked childishly.

"I will hex him." Y/n mumbled to Hermione, who tagged back with her.

And the two girls broke into giggles, even though Y/n had a bad feeling about Draco.