2 - 1

Year 2
The Chamber of Secrets

"Malfoy, how lovely to see you after your failed promise to visit over the summer."

---

Diagon Ally was heaving with wizards when the second year rolled around. Y/n was excited to get back to school at meet back up with the friends she had made in her previous year, to learn more complicated spells, more complicated potions. And hopefully lead Slytherin house to victory this time.

Flourish & Blotts book shop was nearly empty when the Moonshines arrived. Only the owner and Gilderoy Lockhart, the famous author known for his books about the most amazing and dangerous quests he had been on and completed. His actions were legendary but now he was in the presence of Wizards of even more greatness.

"My goodness, it can't be," he breathed, "y/f/n Moonshine."

"Gilderoy Lockhart, I believe." Mr Moonshine shook the authors hand.

Y/n looked at his appearance, he was well dressed and well groomed. He had to be extremely wealthy, with all the books he had sold all over the wizarding world. But there was something about his character that was oddly strange, maybe it was his egotistical personality or his love for attention but y/n didn't like him.

"Y/n Moonshine," Gilderoy grabbed her attention, taking her hand into his and planting a formal kiss on it, "A pleasure to meet such a bright young witch."

"Charmed," y/n said sarcastically, yanking her hand away. Rubbing it softly in disgust.

The sound of people coming into the store pulled the famous author away from the even more famous family, it had seemed the shop had filled up quite a lot while the family were talking to Lockhart.

Y/n had developed quite the bad attitude over the summer, not completely awful but she had lost all friendliness towards people who weren't her friends. She was becoming more arrogant and less companionate.

The Moonshine family stood at the front of the shop as Lockhart made his overly dramatic entrance to the overcrowded bookshop. His charming smile made all the ladies around sigh in delight. His eyes widened as he saw the legendry Harry Potter stood before him. Imminently pulling him to the front of the room for publicity.

Y/n couldn't help but roll her eyes and scoff, she pushed through the crowd of people towards the back of the shop to get away from all the unnecessary fuss. She stood still for a moment staring at the backs of hundreds of fans. But something above them all caught her eye.

Draco Malfoy was stood on a balcony looking over the whole crowd, but he was now smirking at y/n. A mirroring smirk appeared on y/n's lips as she made her way over to the stairs up towards the balcony. He climbed down towards her stopping in the middle.

"Malfoy, how lovely to see you after your failed promise to visit over the summer." Y/n said sarcastically at the boy who was looking down at an open book, then casually ripping out a page and stuffing it in his pocket.

He hadn't changed much over the school break, he had gotten a little taller. He had slimmed out quite a lot, although his face was still full of chubbiness making him look the appropriate age of twelve.

He opened his mouth to say something but his eyes wandered behind his friend and he got distracted. He moved around y/n quickly and headed down the stairs towards the boy he was obviously still obsessed with teasing.

"Bet you loved that didn't you Potter?" His voiced hissed as y/n made her way down the stairs, leaning over the banister, so she was involved in the conversation.

Harry's eyes scanned over a scowling Malfoy and a smug looking y/n before his mouth opened slightly. But he was stopped by a small ginger girl stepping towards Draco, her head only reaching the height of his stomach. 

"Leave him alone." The obvious Weasley gritted her teeth.

Y/n found it hard not to laugh at the pathetic attempt the girl gave to try and be threatening. Malfoy let out a laugh too, setting y/n off even more.

"Look at that potter, you got yourself a girlfriend." Malfoy laughed, looking at y/n who was also laughing rather hard.

"I could say the same about you Malfoy." Harry spat, looking at y/n.

This caused the pair to laugh even harder at the group.

"Even if that statement was true Potter, I'm sure I would be a less shamefully girlfriend than a Weasley." Y/n laughed, wiping the tears from her eyes. The group stared back at her, noticing the changed behaviour of the girl who used to be reasonably civil towards them.

A cane was tapped lightly on Draco's shoulder making him stiffen up. Y/n's eyes travelled to Lucius Malfoy who was looking down at the blonde boy.

"Now, now Draco play nicely." His voice soft, yet quite intimidating.

His eyes met y/n's who didn't feel at all unconfutable under his gaze like everyone else. Instead she stared back into his curious eyes.

"You must be Miss Moonshine, Draco has told me all about you." A light smile played on his lips, y/n made her way down the few stairs she was stood on and presented herself in front of him.

"Mr Malfoy, what a pleasure to meet you." Y/n greeted politely.

"An honour, Miss Moonshine." He nodded his head.

"Mother and father will be looking for me," Y/n announced, "I'll see you at school." She smiled at Draco.

She pushed through the crowd of Weasleys and wandered further into the shop to find her mum and dad.

---

It was only the first years who stared at y/n and her family as they walked along the platform towards the train. She was wearing a plain white long-sleeved top with a black skirt, her hair in a neat curly ponytail descending over her shoulder. Obviously still looking as important as ever.

After kissing her parent's goodbye, y/n was greeted on the platform by Draco who was wearing a casual black suit. His hair hadn't changed from the slapped back, strongly gelled look.

"After you." He smiled, pointing to the Slytherin carriage door.

"Thank you." She smiled back at Malfoy and entered the carriage. She walked through trying to find an empty carriage for her and Draco but what she found was even better.

Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle were all sat round a table in an empty room, completely oblivious to who had just walked in.

Draco coughed and their eyes travelled to the two that were stood in the door way, a smile spread across the girls face as she jumped up and ran towards her friend. She embraced y/n and giggled into her hair.

"How was your summer?" Y/m asked, as Pansy took the seat she was currently sat in and Draco joined y/n on the table next to the other three.

"It was average, how about you?" She asked back.

"It was great, even though someone promised to visit but did not!" Y/n said, sending a playful look towards Draco who looked guilty.

Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle laughed.

"Well let's hope this year turns out even better than the last." Pansy said, making the rest of them nod in agreement.