4 - 8

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"Bloody hell, you sound so much like Draco when you say that.

~~~

Y/n woke up the next morning feeling rather happy. Eventhough things were mildly awkward between her and Draco, she was still buzzing with excitment because of Harry's victory. She felt as though, now, he could actually win this tournament.

Breakfast that morning was a little tense between three inperticular Slytherins. When Y/n arrived to the great hall, the only seat left was next to Draco. When she sat down Pansy began to glare from across the table, and Draco stopped pitching in on conversation. Y/n hadn't had any food yet and she was already sick of the weird atmosphere around her friends.

She got up with a heavy sigh and went to the Gyriffindor table, who happily let her sit down with them. She took a seat next to Harry, and patted him on the back.

"I bet your common room was bouncing last night. Celebrating your brilliant victory." Y/n said, nudging Harry playfull. Making all three of them chuckle.

Harry and Ron looked as though they had put their fude away and it was all water under the bridge. Finally everyone was coming to their senses that Harry would have had to have been crazy to put his own name into the goblet.

Yet Harry wasn't looking at the rest of us, he was looking across the room at the Ravenclaw table, at the girl known as Cho Chang. When she noticed him, she smiled at him, making him spit out his drink.

"Charming," Y/n said handing him a napkin, "Really attractive."

Y/n began to splutter with laughter when Hemrione's furous voice pulled her out of it.

"Look at this!" She slammed a copy of the Daily Prophet down on the table, and began to read out a peice of writing "Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, and Miss Moonshine, a young wizard legend, seem to both be developing a taste for famous wizards. They now both share an intrest in Bulgarian Bonbon, Viktor Krum."

"Oh no," Y/n breathed, "Wait until my father hears about this."

"Bloody hell, you sound so much like Draco when you say that." Ron said, earning a glare off Y/n who was not impressed.

Harry continued to eat slowly as Hermione re-read the print over and over again, making herself more angry.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley," A young boy holding a brown box said, handing it to Ron, "And letter for you Miss Moonshine."

Y/n smiled and took the paper from the boy. She undone the envelope and started to read, ignoring the conversations going on around her.

Dear Y/n,

I've just received news that Hogwarts will be hosting the Yule ball this year. Please send me a letter back to let me know what colour dress you'll be wanting. Narcissa and I will be shopping together for yours and Draco's outfits. I do hope you are planning on going together, it'll be a perfect match. Send me an owl as soon as possible Darling.

Love Mummy.

"Mums sent me a dress." Ron's voice pulled Y/n's head out of her letter.

He was stood up and was holding a dark brown robes up to his body. Y/n couldn't help but snigger as Harry pulled out something frilly from the box.

"Ginny these must be for you." Ron said, gaining the attention of his little sister who was sat a few rows down.

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly." She and her friend chuckld. Y/n was in stiches because she knew exactly what those were.

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you." Hermione was in as mush laughter as Y/n, "Dress robes."

"Dress robes for what?" Ron asked, morrtified.

"The Yule Ball." Y/n answered, wiping her eyes of tears.

"The what?" Ron asked.

---

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, i expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance." McGonagal shouted to the hall.

Everyone had gathered to a meeting Professor McGonagal had called. On one side of the room, sat the males and the other side were the females. Y/n was surrounded by excited chattering and all Y/n could do was roll her eyes at it.

"Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance." McGonagall then turned to the boys, "Mr Weasley, will you join me please?"

Ron gulped standing up to join McGonagall, Y/n watched the Twins and Harry giggling away to themselves.

"Now place your right hand on my waist." McGonagall said, as she positioned Ron into the dancing position.

He looked horrified as he did it, making Harry and his brothers laugh even harder. And it looked as though Draco was stifling his laughter from the corner too. She commanded Filch to turn on the music, and began to lead Ron around the room, in rhythm to the music.

"Now every body come together." She said.

Everyone was quick to jump out of their seats but Y/n stayed seated. She didn't dance at her own family balls so why would she dance here? What caught her eye though was in the corner Pansy was trying to get Draco up to dance with her. She was completely unsuccessful and she ended up stomping off.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Moonshine, this is not optional. Now pair up together and Dance." McGonagall commanded the two.

Y/n rolled her eyes and she didn't get up instead it was Draco who approached her and offered his hand. He wore a small smile and he was politely bowed slightly. Y/n smiled shyly, looking down at the floor and took his hand. Her belly done summersaults when she touched him. How bad could a little dancing be?

They began to move around in a circle, their chests pressed together rather close. Y/n couldn't look up into his eyes, but Draco seemed to be trying to capture her eye contact. But Y/n knew she would embarrass herself in some way, if she got lost in his grey orbs.

"This is the longest we've gone without an argument I think." Draco joked, spinning her around.

"I don't doubt you at all, we've been squabbling like children lately." Y/n chuckled back.

"Can we at least be friends for Christmas? I'm sure my parents are thinking about inviting your family to the manor." Draco said, the other people began to drown out now.

"You don't need to ask to be my friend Draco, I'll always be your best friend. No matter what." She giggled.

But that was it, she did what she was avoiding. His eyes locked her eye contact to him, she couldn't look away from them. Not even for a second. His eyes wondered downwards and flicked back up. Y/n couldn't help it, she automatically felt the need to lean forward. But McGonagall's voice made them snap back.

"Great work everyone, you are dismissed." She called.

Draco's arms dropped from her waist and he stepped back. The shy and awkwardness was back as he just smiled and walked away, leaving Y/n stood there biting her lip.

Why is he like this?