2 - 8

Year 2
The Chamber Of Secrets

"After Potter's little stunt with the Snake today, I hope it's his friend Granger."

---

"Crabbe and Goyle have been gone nearly all night, what could have those fools have gotten up to?" Draco muttered from the sofa, as he eyed the door.

"It is strange that they didn't follow Parkinson and Zabini back, but I bet they're just stealing from the kitchens again." Y/n said from the opposite sofa, her nose in an advanced potions book.

"I better go find them." He complained, "complete buffoons I swear."

"Would you like me to come with you? I could use my charming personality to get us out of trouble if needed." She grinned playfully.

"Come on then Moonshine, we don't have all day now do we?" He retaliated, rolling his eyes.

Sometimes Y/n could swear this boy had bipolar. One minute he was nice and friendly and then the next minute he's back to being an overly dramatic, sarcastic twat. She narrowed her eyes at him as she followed him out of the dungeon and up into the corridors.

He was walking very quickly and he was swinging his arms back and forth so he could pick up some speed. They turned a corner and saw the two boys stood talking to the eldest Weasley.

"Crabbe, Goyle. Where have you two been? Pigging out in the great hall all this time?" Draco shouted as the two strutted over to them.

Y/n watched the two boys nod rapidly at Draco, but something about Goyle was off.

"Why are you wearing glasses?" Y/n asked, as Goyle looked a little panicked.

"Um, reading." He stumbled quickly, gaining Draco's attention.

"Reading?" He questioned, "I didn't know you could read."

Goyle nodded again as Draco pulled his signature 'Not Bad' face and turned to Percy Weasley who was still watching the group of four.

"And what are you doing down here, Weasley?" Draco spat his last name.

"Mind your attitude Malfoy." Percy warned, and Draco just raised his eye brows up slightly trying to be intimidating. He then furiously turned around and began to walk down the corridor.

Y/n however was eyeing Crabbe and Goyle, they were acting strange. Very strange, yet Y/n couldn't figure out what was different about the boys. But she brushed it off for now and followed Draco back down the corridor.

They entered the common room and Y/n and Draco immediately slumped down next to each other on the sofa, letting Crabbe and Goyle take the one opposite them, but instead they just stood in front of it staring at Draco and Y/n who were exchanging funny looks.

"Well sit down." Draco said and the boys simultaneously sat down. Y/n had no clue why their behaviour was so peculiar tonight, "You wouldn't think that the Weasleys were pure bloods, they're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them."

Y/n didn't react to Draco's comment but instead she was watching Crabbe clench his fists in anger. She was confused, why was he getting so worked up over a comment about the Weasleys. Draco seemed to notice too.

"What's wrong with you Crabbe?" Draco asked, a little annoyed.

Goyle nudged Crabbe, making Crabbe unclench his fists.

"Stomach ache." He mumbled. Even his voice sounded different to Y/n, but Draco didn't seem to notice a difference, he just continued with his rant.

"You know, I'm surprised the daily profit hasn't done a report on all of these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said that Dumbledore was the worst thing to happen to this place." Draco said amused.

Goyle seemed to get angered by the last part.

"You're wrong!" He protested.

Draco furrowed his eye brows at the sudden confident boy. Usually Crabbe and Goyle would never speak up to Draco or protest against what he has to say. But Crabbe looked at Goyle with a face full of warning and Goyle seemed to pull back realising his mistake. But Draco didn't let it go that easily. He stood himself up and leaned intimidatingly close to the two boys.

"What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore?" He asked, angrily, as the boys shook their heads, "Well, do you?"

"Harry Potter." Goyle said, making Crabbe nod in agreement.

"Good one Goyle." Draco smirked, happy with the comment he had made, "You're absolutely right, Saint Potter. And people actually think he's the heir of Slytherin."

"Then you must have some idea who's behind it all." Goyle said, his voice still sounding different yet oddly familiar to Y/n.

"You know I don't Goyle, I told you yesterday. How many times do I have to tell you?" Draco walked over to the small table and pocketed a small parcel, "Me and Y/n were talking about it the other day, we have no clue."

"But my father did say this, it's been fifty years since the chamber was opened. He didn't tell me who opened it, but only that they were expelled. The last time the chamber of secrets was opened a Mud Blood died, so it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time." He smirked at the thought of the Muggle Borns being removed from the school.

"After Potter's little stunt with the Snake today, I hope it's his friend Granger." Y/n said bitterly, remembering the spine chilling encounter with the snake, "I started to feel sorry for her lately, but maybe it might teach her to control her friends."

Draco smiled and nodded in agreement with her, but Crabbe seemed to think differently because he jumped up and leapt towards Y/n and Draco but was held back by Goyle.

"What's the matter with you two, you're acting very...odd." Draco says, looking at the two suspiciously.

"Have you only just noticed? They've been acting odd since we found them with Percy." Y/n said, standing up off the sofa and moving closer to the two boys.

"It's his stomach ache." Goyle defended.

He turned to Crabbe and they began to whisper privately to each other, Draco wasn't paying attention. He was opening up the small parcel he pocketed earlier. But Y/n was intrigued by the horror on the two boys faces as they looked at each other.

They then suddenly turned, and ran out of the dungeon. Hiding their face as they did so.

"Hey where are you two going?" Draco questioned, only to be ignored and the boys kept running, "I'll be having words with them when they get back."

"Maybe my potion logic is wrong, but I'm willing to put it on my life that those two weren't Crabbe and Goyle." Y/n said, her eyes still on the empty doorway.

"What are you talking about Moonshine?" Draco questioned, finally looking up from his stolen gift.

"I may be wrong here, but I think that was two slimy gits disguised as Crabbe and Goyle by using Polyjuice potion. I've been smelling it being brewed around school." Y/n said, meeting Draco's eyes.

"You think so?" He questioned, astonished that something so dim-witted could get past him.

"I know so." She replied.