2 - 4

Year 2
The Chamber Of Secrets

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

---

Draco sat at dinner with a smug look on his face, he was proud that y/n had the same opinion of Granger than he did. He was happy he had a friend that shared the same views on the Muggle born and anyone that wasn't a pure blood.

Y/n however did kind of regretted what she said to Hermione. She said it when she was still shocked over what Draco had his father do to get him onto the Slytherin team. The term Mud Blood was the like a swear word to the wizarding world. Never the less, Y/n didn't brew on it for too long. She felt because Hermione wasn't her friends she knew it wouldn't really stop her from sleeping at night.

Though the three weren't anywhere to be seen that evening, probably sorting their failure of a friend and his backfiring hex out.

"I'm going back to the common room." Y/n said, not even touching her food.

"We will all join you." Draco said standing up.

The group of friends made their way to their way through the corridors of the castle that were almost completely empty. Y/n noticed that a few windows has spiders trailing out of them and she shuddered at the thought of how many spiders were probably in this castle right this second.

"I hate spiders." Y/n spat watching as they dashed to escape out of the open window.

They continued down the hallway, and when they got to the end it made them stop in their tracks. Across the wall in blood It read "The chamber of secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir...beware."

Stood there was the three people they had missed at dinner. Harry, Ron and Hermione were stood around Finch's cat who was strung up on the wall, lifeless.

"Enemies of the heir beware?" Draco scowled and his eyes crossed to the three, "You're next mud bloods."

The teachers that were stood around them looked horrified. Draco didn't look as confused as the rest of us, he seemed to know what it meant

"You'll be next mud bloods." He half boasted half warned the group.

The intense staring between the groups made in uncomfortable.

"All houses must return to their common rooms immediately," Professor Dumbledore yelled, making the Slytherin group turn around and head for the dungeon. They kept Harry, Ron and Hermione at the scene of the crime.

The group of friends walked back to the common room quite shaken from what they had just witnessed, if it was written in blood then that means someone's blood had been spilled. As soon as Draco arrived back at the common room he flung himself into a lounging position on one of the sofas and he had a big smug smile on his face and Y/n was extremely curious.

"It seems that you're knowledgeable to whatever is happening." Y/n asked Draco sitting on the opposite sofa to him.

"I'm not fully aware what this actually means, I'll have to ask my father for the full details." Draco explained still unusually happy.

"Well why are you so giddy about this?" Y/n asked, it was unusual to have Draco express intense emotions.

"All I know is that pure blood wizards have nothing to fear." He smirked.

---

"Can I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall asked from the front of the room, "Today we will be transforming animals into water goblets."

Draco pulled an impressed and improving face at the teacher. She took out her want and tapped it three times on the bird that was stood without movement on her desk.

"Vera Verto." She said calmly.

The bird suddenly turned see through and its body began to shift into the shape of an elegant water goblet, then its former black and white feathers were turned into silver and gold glass.

"Now it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" She stepped towards the class, "Mr Weasley, one, two, three, Vera Verto."

Ron looked back at her nervously, before raising his wand and tapping it three times and saying the spell clearly. His rat was transformed into a water goblet but the broken wand had kept the fur and the tail. The whole class erupted into laughter.

"That wand needs replacing Mr Weasley." She said with a bored tone in her voice.

Hermione was next to put her hand up in the air, Y/n was expecting her to ask to demonstrate. Then the muggle born would have put the ginger, pure blood wizard to shame but what Hermione asked grabbed both Y/n's and Draco's attention.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about The Chamber of Secrets." Hermione asked, her voice audio getting lower further into the question like she feared its name.

Y/n and Draco both moved their eyes back to the Professor curiously. McGonagall was hesitant but it seemed everyone's eyes were watching her and waiting for an answer.

"Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now three of the founders co-existed quite harmoniously. One did not. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure bloods. Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though shortly before departing, he sealed it until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic." McGonagall explained leaving all the room on the edge of their seats.

"Muggle-born." Hermione added, a hit of disappointment in her voice. She refused to look up from her desk.

"Well naturally the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found." She reassured the class, but mostly Hermione.

Inside the chamber is an apparent monster that only the heir of Slytherin can control, but Y/n didn't care about the monster. Inside her mind she was trying to figure out who the heir was. And when her eyes landed on the smug looking boy next to her she had a pretty good idea who it might be.