5 - 8

Year 5
The Order Of the Phoenix

"A Slytherin, helping the other houses?"

~~~

Y/n watched as Filch hammered another rule into the wall. She sighed, knowing sooner or later that would be carved into her skin. Especially, since this one was banning all student organisations. However, Y/n hadn't had time to be getting into trouble, Y/n's mind has been filled with homework and the dilemma that Doumbledore's Army has had to face. A place to train in secret. Besides, Umbridge has been watching Harry extremly carefully, she must know that a plan is brewing.

After a while she couldn't bare to look at the wall full of rules anymore, so she turned around. Only to be met with Neville scurrying past, looking rather terrified.

"Neville," Y/n shouted, making him jump, "Wait, where are you headed?"

"The library." He mumbled, still nervous in her presence.

"Mind if I walk with you?" Y/n asked politely.

Neville shook his head, agreeing to Y/n's offer of company. They walked in silence down the hall. Y/n then frowned at the annoying voices of Crabbe and Goyle who bounded up the corridor, looking like they were headed straight for Neville.

She was right, they charged towards him. Both of them impacting in on his shoulders, almost knocking him over.

"Watch where you're going Longbottom." Goyle laughed menacingly, looking for approval off their Slytherin superior stood next to him.

Y/n smirked and their smiles faded as she took out her wand, they spun themselves round and tried to make a dash away. But Y/n had already cast a spell, sending a rope around both of their legs. Making them drop to the floor like bricks,

"Oops, sorry boys," Y/n said innocently, "My wand slipped."

Neville let out a small giggle and Y/n linked her arm through his. Forcing his usual scared looking posture and nervous scurry into a tall stride. And they walked the halls still linked together.

They were skipping lightly when the sound of bricks shifting made them stop. They examined the wall in front of them and they witnessed the most peculiar thing. A double door had somehow grew out of the stone. Y/n and Neville exchanged the most confused looks before pushing it open.

Inside was space for the duelling practice, dummies to shoot spells at, and the best thing was that it was in a completely secret room.

"Neville, you did it." Y/n gasped, "You've found the room of requirement."

"Me?" Neville asked, little hope in himself.

"Yes Neville, you." She was trying to boost his self esteem, "You are truly incredible."

Neville grinned as he scanned the room, eyes wide with amazement. Now all they needed to do, was show everyone else.

---

"Wow Y/n!" Ron cried out as he examined the room, "You found this?"

"Actually," Y/n patted Neville's back, "Neville here did."

Everyone applauded and gathered around to congratulate Neville. After that, the group was formed and their first official lesson had started. Harry had chose to teach them about disarming spells.

When it was time to demonstrate, Harry picked Y/n to help him out and she stood in front of a wooden replica of a wizard holding a wand. So the group formed a line where Y/n and the dummy stood at the front of. They watched as Y/n held her wand up defensively.

"Ready?" Harry said

Y/n nodded and flicked her wand, "Expelliarmus." And the wooden wand flew right out of the hand. Everyone applauded and Y/n stood to the side, letting Neville step up.

She watch the boy try many attempts but fail miserably. She started to zone out, but was soon snapped back when two tall red heads slid up next to her.

"So how is this normal then?" Fred said.

"A Slytherin, helping the other houses?" George added.

"Well boys as you can see, I'm no ordinary Slytherin." Y/n raised her eye brows at them, "I'm not a follower of anyone's stereotypes. If people have a problem with the way I live my life, they should come and tell me. But unfortunately it won't end very well for them."

Fred and George looked at each other cockily, smirked, and turned back to Y/n with their eye brows raised.

"Oh yeah?" George replied, sarcastically.

"Well, what is your little boyfriend going to say when he finds out what you're up too?" Fred said, making Y/n roll her eyes, "His heart might just shatter into a million pieces.

"Not you guys too? Draco is not my boyfriend, or anything romantic to me." Y/n groaned.

"Not what we've heard." They said at the same time, then turning to take their turn to disarm the dummy.

That got Y/n thinking, what do people say about her around the castle? People have obviously come up with rumours about almost everyone. So was the rumour about her that she and Draco were a thing? Did Draco know about it?

"Okay so that concludes our first lesson, you can all be dismissed. Y/n do you mind checking if the corridor is clear?" Harry said, pulling Y/n away from the roaming questions she was asking herself.

Y/n slowly made her way out of the room of requirement and into the empty corridor. She waved her hand behind her and signalled everyone to come out and they pilled out in heaps. Y/n said goodbye and headed in the opposite direction towards the dungeons.

As she was turning a corner, she bumped into her platinum blonde friend.

"Y/n where have you been?" Draco was rather cross, "We've been looking for you, for hours."

"I was in the library." Y/n lied, an innocent smile spread across her face.

Draco groaned, and the two started to walk to the common room together.

"With Neville Longbottom I believe?" Draco snarled, "Crabbe and Goyle told me what you had done. If Umbridge had caught you, you'd have another cut on your hand."

"Neville was helping me with my Herbology homework." Y/n lied, she had already completed that, "Besides, Umbridge didn't catch me."

"We'll she might give you a hard time next week." Draco said, making Y/n confused, "She is making everyone answer a few questions In her office. She thinks a secret organisation is going on."

Oh no. Y/n had to laugh at Draco like Umbridge was just being paranoid, but Y/n knew her first target would be herself and it would in fact be ugly.