7 - 25

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"I need you to promise me one thing Y/n."

~~~

"He's coming back." People all around Y/n were shouting, "Voldemort! He's on the bridge."

Y/n was quick to her feet. That means Voldemort isn't dead. Y/n felt so much pain in her stomach that she had such a bad feeling about this moment. From the stairs she was sitting on, she moved so quickly down some others towards the front of the castle.

Students were running all around her in all  directions. Some to get to the front of the school. Others to get away from sight. But Y/n could only train her eyes on one person. One boy that had spotted her, and who was running towards her quickly.

His blonde hair was covering his forehead in soft waves. He had fear in his beautiful grey eyes. Draco Malfoy was the most scared he had ever been in his life. But he carried on towards Y/n and took her into the biggest hug.

"Draco, you're okay!" Y/n stroked his hair, "You're alive. I'm alive."

"Y/n, listen to me." He whispered quickly, "The Dark Lord is coming back."

"Please Draco, stay safe." Y/n asked him, her hands cupping his slightly dirty face.

"I need you to promise me one thing Y/n." Draco begged.

"Anything!" Y/n explained.

"If we get out of this war alive..." Draco trailed off, "Marry me."

Y/n scanned his eyes, they were full of seriousness. Y/n knew that she loved Draco, and after everything she had been through, it would make her so happy. Using a silent acception, she pulled his head towards hers.

Their lips met and it was different from the rest of them. On top of the Astronomy tower, that was a kiss of goodbye. It was so quick and rushed that Y/n barely had time to enjoy it. When she was captured in Malfoy Manor, a kiss was shared to loosen Draco up and get the wands. Thus left at a quick get away.

Now they moved their lips together with such desperation and admiration that Y/n didn't want to pull away. But as the Dark Lord came closer, Y/n filled up with more and more dread. She pulled back from Draco's mouth. Placing her forehead softly on his, his hands still in his hair.

"Stay safe." Y/n whispered, kissing him one last time on the lips.

Y/n turned and began to run out towards the court yard to greet the Dark Lord, but there was someone calling for her.

"Y/n!" Draco's voice called, making her stop and turn to look at him, "I love you."

"And I love you." Y/n had to stop herself crying at these words.

But she turned and exited out the door. She pushed herself through the crowds to stand beside Luna who was a few rows from the front. The Dark Lord was watching them all, a smug smile on his serpent like lips.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort yelled out triumphantly, Ginny leapt forward, screaming in pain as she lunged forward towards him, "Silence! Stupid girl!"

Y/n moved towards Ginny, taking her arm to stop her moving. She could see the heartbreak in her eyes as she looked at the body Hagrid was carrying.

"Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me." He then turned to the group of Death Eaters, "Harry Potter is dead!"

Voldemort seemed really pleased with himself as he forced his group of followers to laugh along with him. As though this was all a funny joke, as if killing people was the right thing to do.