7 - 1

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"Good you're back. Grab your broom and lets get this show on the road!"

~~~

Dear Close friends,

This letter has been sent out to the closest friends of the Moonshine family. Earlier this week, the most recent decendants of Merlin were reported missing. I tell you this with deep condolence and i am sad to report that the Moonshine's have been descovered dead this morning. I send my complete sympathy.

A Distant Decedent.

Y/n looked over the letter once more. This was the letter that had been sent to almost all of her school friends. She sighed and placed it back in the envelope, then she slipped it into Pipin's beak, where she then flew up to the open window.

Y/n was stood in the bushes, in the darkness, watching through one of the open windows of the Malfoy manor. Pipin landed on the window ledge and Y/n immediately saw a hand reach out to the bird and let it sit on his arm. His blonde hair and pale face was what came into view next. His happy smile, for expecting to read a letter from Y/n, turned into a true look of horor. He tangled his own hand in his hair as he tugged at it with frustration. Tears were beginning to pour down his cheeks.

"Mother!" He weakly cried, stumbling away from the window and deep into the house.

The pain in his voice made Y/n flinch, making her look away from the house. A hand fitted onto her shoulder rubbing it comfortably. Y/n looked up and locked eyes with her father who was looking down with sympathy into her glossy ones.

"Don't cry sweetheart. It's for the best. If Draco thinks we are all dead, Voldemort will read his thoughts and he won't think to trace us, if you're going to be with Harry for such a long period of time, it's good to know they won't be looking for you. Plus it'll stop Draco doing anything stupid and getting killed by Voldemort." Mr Moonshine, embraced his teary eyed daughter, stroking her hair as he explained.

"I know, I know." Y/n nodded, moving away from her father and sniffling, "Let's go."

She took her fathers hand and apperated out of the Malfoy garden. Y/n bent her knees and landed on the grass just ouside of the Weasley burrow. Mrs Moonshine and Mrs Weasley were the first one's to greet them.

"Y/n dear, how are you?" Mrs Weasley hugged Y/n tightly.

"Has it been delivered?" Mrs Moonshine asked as she pulled away from her husband and kissed her daughter on the forehead.

"Yes, the Malfoys now think we're dead." Mr Moonshine nodded.

With a look of pity, Molly rushed them all back into the house where Y/n was greeted by the order crowding around. But this time, it felt different. Sirius had gone, Dumbledore had gone, Snape had betrayed them.

There was Mad Eye Moody, Fred, George, Ron, Hermione, Mr Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Tonks, Remus and Hagrid, looking as huge as ever. All ready to go and protect Harry.

"Good you're back. Grab your broom and lets get this show on the road!" Moody groaned, the second Y/n stepped into the door.

"Hello to you too." Y/n replied, taking a hold of the broom Fred was holding out for her, "Thanks."

"Right, move out!" Moody yelled and the whole group

---

The group was greeted at the Muggle door by Harry Potter when he swung it open. Y/n pushed passed Hagrid and squeezed Harry tightly. Ron and Hermione came in next.

"You're looking fit!" Hagrid complimented Harry as the four friends were still happily smiling at each other.

"Yes, he's absolutely gorgeous." Moody steamed past, "Lets say we get undercover before someone murders him."

Y/n rolled her eyes before the rest of them piled into Harry's empty living room. She stood next to Ron and Hermione while everyone joined them, Harry being introduced to everyone as they entered.

"Hello Harry, Bill Weasley." Ron's brother and his wife came into the room.

"Oh, pleasure to meet you." Harry shakes his hand politely.

Y/n couldn't help but stare at the three gash marks on the side of his face. It was rude, yes, but her eyes just couldn't take themselves off the scars.

"He wasn't always this handsome." Fred shot at his brother.

"Dead ugly." George pitched in, making a playful face as they passed their older brother.

"Owe it all to a werewolf named Greyback. Hope to repay the favour one day." Bill smiled, not phased by the situation at all.

"You're still beautiful to me, William." Fleur said, kissing his head.

Affection made Y/n feel queasy at this moment in time, her current affection she felt towards Draco had been cut off until after the war. That is if both of them survive. Y/n hated the fact that the last time she saw Draco his eyes were red and wet, and the last time he saw her was, in his head, the last time he saw her alive.

"All right. We'll have time for a cosy catch up later. We've got to get the hell out of here and soon. Potter you're underage which means you've still got the trace on you." Moody explained loudly to everyone.

"What's the trace?" Harry asked.

"If you sneeze the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. The point is, we have to use those means of transport the trace can't detect: Brooms, thestrals and the like. We go in pairs. That means if anyone is out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be, they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one." Moody said.

"The real one?" Harry questioned again.

"I believe you're familiar with this particular brew." Moody took a bottle out of his jacket and popped the lid.

"No, absolutely not." Harry tried to argue.

Y/n rolled her eyes at the debating boy, it was like he actually had a choice at this moment in time

"Oh, quit you're whining!" Y/n grumbled.

She stepped forward, ripping some hair from the back of Harry's head and sprinkled it into the potion as Harry moaned in pain, the potion was passed around. Despite Harry's whining.

"Imagine if we become a scrawny, specky git forever." Fred said, lightening the mood a little.

Moody supplied people with clothes and everyone changed as soon as they had grew, shrunk and developed Harry's facial features they set off in their pairs. Y/n was paired with George, and after Moody's count they set off flying through the air.

After a while the peace was interrupted as a few thousand Death Eaters erupted from the clouds. Y/n and George were both disguised as Harry so it was obvious that they were both being attacked. They stayed close together, but their wands were no match for the Death Eaters. Y/n was blinded by light as a spell scraped past her face, the feeling of warm liquid oozing down her cheek repulsed her.

But all those thoughts were forgotten when she saw a flash of light hit George in the side of the head, making him fall from the broom he was once stably sat on. Y/n leaned, accelerating her broom, catching Fred's weak body and bounded through the protective barrier that surrounded the Burrow.

She supported George to the front door, where Harry and Ginny stood. Their potions had wore off so Y/n's natural h/c hair was cascading messily down Harry's clothes. And Mr and Mrs Moonshine rushed out to tend to their bleeding daughter while, Mr and Mrs Weasley took George and rested him on the sofa.

"Moonshine, I always knew I was a catch." George joked as he laid with his eyes shut.

"Thank god you are, you could of fell to your death." Y/n chuckled back.

"Didn't want to hurt my head when I landed on the floor now did I?" He joked again.

And George's humour lightened the mood as they waited for the rest to return. But by the end of the night, they had lost one of their members and had unfortunately they had no time to grieve Mad Eye Moody's death.