7 - 13

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"Well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows of course."

~~~

The snow had cleared overnight, the floor was left a little damp under the tent. Packing it away was the easiest part of it all. The sky was clear with just a slight nip in the air when they all emerged into the fresh air.

"Hold onto me." Hermione said, "I know just where to go!"

They all clung to Hermione who immediately apparate out of the trees. Moments later they found themselves in the middle of a hilly field and in the distance, a small house could be seen. It was standing tall at the top of one of the hills.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Y/n all began to walk over the slight bogs and bumps that the fields were offering, fighting their way to the house they all knew belonged to the Lovegoods.

"So let me get this straight." Ron groaned, climbing up a steep part of the land, "We're here to asked about a symbol, that we have no idea whether it has any relation to the Horcruxes or not."

"Well done." Y/n sarcastically praised him as they got closer. 

Hermione walked up the stone steps that lead up to the wooden front door. Around them, bushes grew with peculiar looking plant. A sign saying 'keep off the dirigible plums' indicated that they were in fact fruits.

The door opened at the top half to reveal, a platinum blonde, shaggy looking man, known as Mr Lovegood. He looked at them with baffled eyes, not recognising them.

"What is it? Who are you?" He asked, slightly on edge at the sight of strangers, "What do you want?"

"Hello, Mr Lovegood." Harry pushed himself to the front, "I'm Harry Potter, we met a few months ago. Could we come in?"

Mr Lovegood let them into his house quickly, walking them up a set of stairs and settling them down on seperate chairs in the small living room of his house. He offered all of them tea which they gladly took and took a seat with them himself. He was sat rigidly. Almost awkwardly, as though he was in a nasty situation of anxiousness.

"Where is Luna?" Y/n asked, curious after not seeing the girl for so long.

"Luna?" He replied too casually, "She'll be along."

He looked away from the group, refusing to make eye contact with any of them. Y/n glued her eyes on him, he kept his glued to the floor. And they all took a sip of their tea to kill the deafening silence that filled the room.

"So how can I help you, Mr Potter?" His voice was low and deep.

"Well, actually, it was about something that you were wearing on your neck at the wedding. A symbol." Harry informed him.

Mr Lovegood fumbled with the things around his neck before pulling out a silver locket. On there was in fact the symbol that they had been seeking. A triangle, with a circle in the centre, cut in half by a line.

"You mean this?" He held it up.

"That's exactly it." Harry said, "What we wondered is, what is it?"

"Well, it's the sign of the Deathly Hallows of course." He replied, "I assume you're all familiar with The Tale of the Three Brothers?"

Y/n, Hermione and Ron all nodded, but Harry disagreed. Looking around at all of them with confused eyes. Y/n had been read it many times before. It was her father's favourite story and it came with a moral.