5 - 7

Year 5
The Order of the Phoenix

"And last year he really did fight off Voldemort in the flesh."

~~~

The Hogsmeade visit was the only thing that was keeping Y/n sane for so long in that dreaded school. For weeks her and Draco had been talking and planning their little day out. At first it consisted of them staying with their group of friends for a while, then a little bit later they would sneak off together and have some best friend time.

The fresh snow cracked under her snow boots as her and Draco walked side by side towards the small village. Their friends trotted in front of them helplessly as the two walked in comfortable silence.

"Y/n." A whispering shout made Y/n stop in her tracks.

She scanned around the entrance to the village for the source of the noise. She spotted her three Gryffindor friends, looking worried, jogging over to her. She couldn't hear Draco's foot steps anymore so she knew he was watching her.

"We need to talk to you urgently." Hermione whispered, leaning in close, then shooting a glance over her shoulder, "Alone."

They looked at Draco who didn't look particularly happy with the invasion of his quality time with his friend. Y/n shot him a sorrowful smile, then turned back to Hermione and nodded quickly.

"What about our day we planned? We've been talking about this for weeks." Draco tried to sound angry, but the disappointment shone through.

"This won't take long, you catch up with the rest of them and I'll come find you when I get back. We can sneak away then," Y/n looked at him with a silent apology, "I promise."

"Just bring her back in one piece, Potter." Draco turned angry when he turned his attention to Harry, and then turned away and walked off.

Without another word the three were pulling her away from the busier part of the village. They bombarded her with information, telling her about their plan to start up an army, have secret combat lessons and that Voldemort is on the move.

"So let me get this straight. Harry is going to persuade people to help fight alongside Dumbledore, and to help with that we're going to have him teach us some powerful spells?" Y/n said as they stopped at Hogs Head's door, "In here?"

"Yes, now stop complaining and get in." Ron said, pushing open the door.

They entered the run down pub and Y/n immediately grimaced at the awful state that it was in. Without a comment the four children made their way up the stairs and into the attic of the little shack. To Y/n's surprise there was a lot of people waiting for them, including; Ginny, Fred and George Weasley, Cho Chang, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom.

Awkward silence filled the room as the four mixed with every one. Ron took a seat by the window, Harry and Hermione sat at the front and Y/n gratefully took a seat offered to her next to Luna Lovegood.

"So you all know why we're here." Hermione stood up, her voice a little shaky, "We need a teacher, a proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the dark arts."

"Why?" A random boy said bitterly.

"Why?" Ron Mocked, "Cause You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot."

The group then started bickering, blaming Harry for Dumbledore agreeing with him. Y/n rolled her eyes and made a swift kick to the boy's back leg, making him silence his voice in pain. Ron nodded in approval to her.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.." A second year started.

Y/n was quick to rise from her seat, and stand at the front with Harry. The Hufflepuff quietened down, but Y/n wasn't finished yet.

"If you're here, only to find out more about how Cedric died, I suggest you leave. We're gathered here to solve an actual problem, not to put your theories to bed." Y/n announced, sending glares to everyone who was looking unsure.

Everyone was silent, the sound of Harry fidgeting with irritation could be heard from behind her. Y/n's hard glare was enough to send a few on the younger wizards to sink down low in their chair.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna's sweet voice rung out and saved them all from the tense silence.

"Yes." Hermione said excitedly, "I've seen it."

"He once killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." Neville chipped in.

"Third year, he fought off about one hundred dementors at once." Ron added to everyone's amazement and Y/n was radiating with happiness at this point.

"And last year he really did fight off Voldemort in the flesh." Y/n said, not being afraid of his name, ignoring the few flinches.

Everyone seemed truly mesmerised by this, but Harry was the least happy out of everyone and No one was clear why.

"Wait. It all sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, most of it was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly almost had help." Harry breathed, "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But when you're a second away from being murdered, or watching a friend die right before your eyes, you don't know what that's like."

"That's right Harry, we don't." Hermione added on, "That's why we need your help, if we're going to have any chance at beating Voldemort."

"That was a cute speech, now where do we sign up?" Y/n said smiling widely at the group, "I have plans I need to return too."

Y/n scribbled down her name on the piece of paper, bid her goodbyes to her friends and rushed out the door of Hogs Head. She ran quickly towards the busy village, and stopped in the centre. From where she stood she could see the mop of platinum she was looking for, and Draco was stood out side the three broomsticks, looking rather sick of Pansy who was accompanying him.

Y/n was quick to make her way over, determined to steal her friend away from the rotten girl. As soon as Pansy's back was turned Y/n gripped the back of Draco's jacket and pulled him through a small gap in the crowd.

"Hey there," Y/n grinned, "Replaced me already?"

"No I bloody well haven't," Draco said, eagerly pushing Y/n away from where Pansy was stood, "Come on, we have to get away from her."

Y/n giggled as they quickly made their way further and further away, finally spending the day together.