7 - 21

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"Yes Professor, I'm happy to say that Harry Potter has been with me."

~~~

Students were marched, against their own free wills down the corridors. The mood of the castle was not magical at all, but now filled with misery. After the news of Harry being back, Snape called for all students to be brought down to the Great Hall for an assembly.

In a rush, Harry and Y/n both pulled on robes and followed the students towards Snape. Y/n insisted she stayed with Harry for his own safety and Ron and Hermione would wait for the order. As everyone piled into the hall, heads hung low, Snape was stood at the highest point of the hall.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." Snape's sluggish voice send chills down Y/n's spine, "Now should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr Potter they will be punished in a manner consistent with severity of their transgression. Furthermore any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally as guilty. Now then if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr Potters movements this evening..."

Snape trailed off but before he could finishing speaking, an arm raised up in the crowd. Following that arm down, people saw that it belonged to Y/n Moonshine, and her smug face stepped out of the crowd.

"Yes Professor, I'm happy to say that Harry Potter has been with me." Y/n smiled at him.

The crowd around them broke into mumbles and whispers at the fact Y/n Moonshine was still alive. And she had the nerve to return back to Hogwarts.

"Miss Moonshine." Snape somewhat growled, "We were all under the impression that you were in fact dead."

Then the whole room gasped again when someone else stepped out behind her. Harry had moved into the isle of the crowd now, joining Y/n in standing up to Snape.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." Harry announced.

Just then, behind them, the double doors to the hall were pushed open. Entering was the whole of the order. All of the Weasleys, Remus and Tonks, Kingsley and Hermione. Last and to Y/n's utter relief, Mr and Mrs Moonshine standing tall and proud.

"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry yelled, in what sounded like pain, "Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked them in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them."

With a neutral looking face, Snape hesitated for a moment, that was before pulling his wand from his robes, pointing it straight at Harry. McGonagall jumped in front of Harry to protect him. And to protect her friend and her teacher, Y/n jumped in front of them both. The whole room seemed to spread to the walls, keeping away from the duel.

McGonagall fired the first spell which Snape blocked. She moved forward, hitting Snape with everything she had and he was successfully blocking them all. Snape moved her spell behind him, sending two of his Death Eater staff to the floor. Thus before swinging his cloak and flying out of the Hogwarts window.

Everyone jumped into applause as the terrible head teacher had left. McGonagall used her wand to light up the gloomy room and transform it back into a warming atmosphere. Y/n who was still protectively close to Harry watched him fall down to the floor.

"Harry!" She called out quickly, crouching down to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Everything turned quiet again, people around them could feel the tension. As girls began to scream in terror, Y/n knew something wasn't right. People were crying and clutching their eyes, screaming such high pitch noises. That's when Y/n heard the voice behind it all.

"I know that many of you will want to fight Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort whispered to the whole hall.

People stood in silence as the cold voice faded away. People were staring at Harry not knowing what to do or think. But Y/n looked at him with wide, sorrow filled eyes. She was going to fight. Even if people protested.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy Parkinson stood out from the crowd as she yelled her cruel words.

Y/n jumped in front of Harry and pointed her wand straight at her chest. Looking her deeply and hatefully in her annoying, looking face.

"I always knew you were a slimy piece of work, Parkinson." Y/n growled, glaring at her old friend.

"Just because Draco liked me more than you, does not mean I'm slimey." She replied smugly.

"Flipendo!" Y/n yelled, the anger from her words bubbling up.

Parkinson flew backwards against the wall of the hall as Y/n looked at her, breathing heavily with infuriation. She slid down the stones looking a little dazed. How dare she mention Draco in a time like this? How could she say such things?

"If you would please, Slytherin house should be moved back to their common room in the dungeon. And if someone would be most kind in taking Miss Parkinson back too." McGonagall mentioned strictly, "Except you Miss Moonshine. You're the only Slytherin we'll be needing tonight."

Y/n grinned up at the teacher as the Green house began to filter from the hall. The rest of the school began to cheer once more because of the dismissal of the house of evil. Of course Y/n didn't feel part of that house at all. She felt very disconnected from Hogwarts.

"I presume you have a reason for returning Potter. What is it that you need?" McGonagall asked Harry quickly.

"Time Professor, as much as you can give me." Harry begged.

"Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle." McGonagall replied, turning away from Harry, "Oh and Potter. It's good to see you."

Harry smiled back at her at her eyes of pride and turned to leave the room. Ron and Hermione went their separate ways, Harry ran off in another direction and Y/n decided to stay with Neville. Both of them followed McGonagall out of the room.

"Longbottom, Moonshine, I need you to destroy the entrance bridge at the back of Hogwarts. Blow it to the ground!" McGonagall asked.

"Blow it up? Boom?" Neville asked, looking at Y/n with excitement.

"Boom!" McGonagall confirmed.

So looking rather excited, Neville grabbed Y/n's forearm and began to pull her back through the castle. They were heading to the back where the bridge was. And Y/n couldn't wait to get in on the action of the Second Wizarding War.