7 - 20

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"We can't just go and walk through the front door. Plus the place is swarming with Death Eaters."

~~~

Y/n raised to the top of the water, gasping for air and trying to shake the iciness from her lungs. This was not the first time being plunged into cold depths, but not yet was she used to it, nor liked it. She looked around at her friends who were doing the same thing.

They all began to swim towards the shore, the many fabrics on Bellatrix's attire was weighing Y/n down a lot more than she had expected. Swimming to land was a lot harder than she had expected, and only got out of the water just after the rest of them. Harry seemed a lot more frantic.

"He knows. You-know-who." Harry gasped out, "He knows we broke into Gringotts. He knows what we took and he knows we're hunting Horcruxes."

"How is it you know?" Hermione asked, just as shocked, all of them still following Harry's quick footstep.

"I saw him." Harry told her.

"You let him in?" Y/n interjected, "You can't do that!"

All of them started to climb uphill and their voices and the full conversation began to get more breathy and tired sounding.

"I can't always help it! Well, maybe I can. I don't know!" The frustration grew in Harry's voice, not knowing his own abilities was quickly becoming a problem.

"Nevermind!" Ron snapped, "What happened?"

"Well, he's angry. And scared too." Harry began, "He knows if we find and destroy all the Horcruxes we'll be able to kill him. I reckon he'll stop at nothing to make sure we don't find the rest. Oh and one of them is at Hogwarts."

"What?" The other three seemed to shout at the same time, "You saw it?"

"I saw the castle and Rowena Ravenclaw." Harry began to put on some dry clothes, "It must have something to do with her. We must go there, now!"

Y/n pulled off her Bellatrix outfit and changed into the clean dry clothes. It was so much nicer walking around in her sophisticated flats than those awful, knee high black heeled boots.

"Snape's headmaster now!" Y/n informed them, "We can't just go and walk through the front door. Plus the place is swarming with Death Eaters."

"We'll go to Hogsmeade. To Honeydukes." Harry suggested, "Take the secret passage in the cellar."

Once everyone had changed out of their wet clothes and costumes, they all grabbed each others hands. Hermione apparated them into the centre of a snowy and deserted Hogsmeade. In the distance, they could hear shouting and loud yelling.

Without wasting any time they ran towards cover, hiding in the shadows from the oncoming people. By their words, it seemed as though they were looking for someone, a few people actually and Y/n had a bad gut feeling that they were talking about her friends.

They were hiding in  place that had furniture scattered all over and covered in white sheets. Sheltered behind a table, the four of them tried to stay as quiet as they possibly could. Behind them, they could hear footsteps of people creeping up behind them.

Y/n got into the crouched position with her wand drawn. She was ready for anyone's attacks. But just behind them, a distressed noise came from the opposite direction making whoever was following them turn and follow that.

All four of them shared the same fearful looks before they darted off again. They found themselves sprinting down a side alley and up some icy, stone steps. As their lives did depend on it, they did not plan to stop. But that immediately fell when they came to a locked gate.