4 - 12

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"It seems as though we've drifted apart over the year."

~~~

Draco helped Y/n all the way down to the Slytherin Dorms. Y/n half expected him to leave her in the common room on her own, or maybe even drop her off at the Girl's dorm. So she was completely lost for words when he pulled her towards his own dorm.

He shut the door behind them, placing a still shivering Y/n on his bed. Without a word he fell to his knees and pulled out his big, trunk from under his bed. Noisily, he rummaged through it, finally pulling out a fluffy jumper for Y/n to put on. It was definitely an improvement, she felt warmer. But the two were still in silence as she watched Draco pack his trunk back up.

"How are you feeling?" Draco finally broke the silence.

"Cold." Y/n replied quietly.

The two were plunged into silence again, the awkwardness was eating away at them. They both had so much to say and so much to spill, but their brain had silenced them both. Draco watched as Y/n fiddled with her fingers uncomfortably.

"Listen Y/n, there's a lot going on right now." Draco sighed, "From the Yule ball, to me and Pansy breaking up and my father is getting rather stressed lately."

"You and Pansy broke up?" Y/n said, highlighting one point, "But you guys have only been dating for about a week."

"I know. Something happened that I wish not to speak of, but our affectionate relationship will no longer exist." Draco said, with no emotion in his voice.

"Well I'm sorry about that." Y/n said mirroring his emotionless tone.

She was lying. Of course she was, actually she was rather happy that she didn't have to share Draco with another female anymore. What saddened her was that he seemed relatively happy with Pansy.

"It seems as though we've drifted apart over the year." Y/n says, not looking up from her lap.

"It does seem that way, doesn't it." Draco says, "Does that bother you?"

Y/n looked up to meet his sad eyes, the memorising grey had made her loose herself again.

"Of course it bothers me, you're my best friend. We've had to many valuable moments over the years." Y/n replied, having to look down again.

"Oh, it's that word 'friend' again." Draco mumbled.

Y/n didn't know if she was meant to hear that or not, but it made her heart skip a few beats. Draco was cursing the word friend, just like Y/n always did in her head.

"Are you still angry that I went to the Yule ball with Harry?" Y/n asked, changing the tense subject.

"To be honest I'm angry that you're even friends with Potter. But no, I'm not mad that you attended with him. I'm mostly angry at myself that Pansy was the one that I asked." Draco admitted, "What you said about rejecting Krum for me wasn't true, was it?"

"Yes that is true. But Viktor asked Hermione right after so you've got nothing to feel bad about. Maybe I should of asked you myself, instead of waiting for you to ask me." Y/n said guiltily.

Y/n breathed out deeply. She cherished moments like these. Even if they weren't romantic, these special little memories is what kept her happy. Even if the subjects were rather embarrassing or deep.

"Y/n, I can't even imagine of what you must be thinking of me right now." Draco put his head into his hands.

Y/n moved closer to comfort her best friend, placing her slightly damp head on his shoulder and snuggling into his side.

"I think of you the same as I always have. As my smart, independent, incredible second half. To be honest Draco, my school days wouldn't be as special if I hadn't met you." Y/n whispered.

Draco removed his hand from his face and looked into Y/n's mesmerising y/e/c eyes. He wrapped an arm around and let her rest on his body, placing his cheek on the top of her head, stroking the side if her arm gently.

"Thank you." He whispered, "For everything."

Y/n hummed and let her eyes flutter shut with relaxation. They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the sound of their own soothing breaths and enjoying each others company.

"Draco?" Y/n said after a few seconds.

He hummed in return.

"Are you ever going to tell me why you and Pansy got together?" Y/n asked curiously.

"We got together the night I asked her to the Yule ball, it was her who asked to become official and I don't know what I was thinking when I said yes. Maybe it was because she treated me like a king, but the down side was she wasn't the queen I was looking for." He replied, his tickling fingers getting slower.

"Why did you break up?" Y/n asked another question.

"Like I said before, I don't wish to speak of it." Draco replied rather sternly.

It was almost as if he was embarrassed to tell her the story but Y/n didn't care.

"I think it's time for me to go to bed." Y/n finally said.

She stood up off the bed, she shivered at the loss of warmth from her side. As she went to go walk away Draco grabbed her wrist and spun her around. She looked deep into his eyes.

"Please stay with me?" He almost begged her.

She looked at him, unsure of what to do. He looked downheartedly back at her, keeping his strong grip on her. She smiled at him, nodding her head and making him smile back.

He moved over so there was space in the single bed for them both. He pulled back the cover and let her climb in. They were both positioned on their sides, her head was on his chest, listening to his heart beat get faster as she came in contact. His arms were wrapped protectively around her back, pulling her as close as possible.

"Sweet Dreams Moonshine," He whispered with his eyes closed.

"Goodnight Malfoy," Y/n smiled to herself as she made herself comfy, snuggling into Draco's warm chest.

Both of them not caring what the others would think, when they finally came to bed.