4 - 7

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"If everything goes unfortunately today, you three might just make the front page."

~~~

Today was the first day of the Triwizard tournament. Y/n wandered hurriedly out of her dorm room and out of the common room that morning. She had arranged to meet Hermione to see Harry before his first challenge that has been reported to be Dragons.

It also seems Harry and Hermione had come to their senses and stopped ignoring each other. They needed to understand that Harry was in serious danger of loosing his life, and they couldn't be arguing at such a risky time.

"Morning Y/n." Hermione greeted, as she exited the castle.

"Hello Hermione," She greeted back, "Is Ronald not coming?"

"He's gone to save us some spots in the stands. As much as he protested, I asked him to get a spot next to Malfoy. Taking he's speaking to you again." She answered.

After last week with Professor Moody, Draco hadn't really made up his mind whether he wanted to be nice about the whole situation. He was still rather angry that Y/n had been objectionable about his 'Potter Stinks' badge. But he knew that Y/n had stopped Moody from harming him and pleaded for him. He seemed to be rather frustrated.

They made their way down to the champions tent, where they could hear the nervous chattering of the competitors. Students were not permitted entrance into the tent, so Y/n and Hermione snuck around the back.

They arrived at a small parting in between the tents fabric. Hermione made whispering sounds to get Harry's attention and luckily he was rather close to the back of the tent.

"Harry, how are you feeling?" Hermione asked, rather sympathetically. "Okay?"

"The key is to concentrate Harry. After that you just have to-" Y/n begins.

"Yeah, battle a dragon." Harry interrupted.

Pity ran through both Y/n and Hermione as they moved the fabric out of the way and engulfed Harry into a tight hug, one girl on either side of him. The flash of a camera pulled the two girls off him.

"A young love triangle." Rita Skeeter, a Daily Prophet reporter said, turning to her enchanted quill "How stirring. Especially since a Moonshine is involved."

Y/n was feeling as angry as ever. She didn't care how Draco she sounded, but her father was defiantly going to hear about this.

"If everything goes unfortunately today, you three might just make the front page." Rita grinned rather smugly.

"And I wonder what my father will think about your incorrect article." Y/n shot back angrily.

The rest of the contestants gathered round to see the scene unfold, all of them looking unhappy about Rita themselves.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Viktor Krum stepped up making Rita turn around.

"No matter. We've got what we wanted." She turned around and left.

Just as she did, Dumbledore entered so that was the cue for Y/n and Hermione to leave. Just before she walked out her eyes scanned between both Viktor and Cedric, smiling sheepishly and walking out with Hermione back to the stands.

Surprisingly Ron had followed Hermione's instructions and him and Neville were stood a few people away from Draco. Hermione had dismissed Y/n and told her to go stand with Draco. After friendly greeting Ron and Neville for a few moments.

He greeted Y/n with a quick hello and Pansy seemed rather pleased by the lack of attention he was giving her. She clung desperately on his arm while he lazily rested forward on the fence of the stands.

Y/n stood uncomfortably next to him while the other three contestants fought their dragons. It seemed as though they got easy dragons to battle with, as each of them got the egg rather swiftly. By the time it was Harry's turn, Y/n had stopped feeling awkward and started to feel apprehensive. Pansy had finally let go of Draco at this point and it seemed he was trying to get as far from her as possible.

When Harry emerged from the small gap, the full stadium was quick to go silent. No one dared take their eyes off him. The quietness was eerie, because quietness meant, the dragon could be detected.

He began to walk out but the tail of the dragon smashed down next to him, Y/n's hand swung down to grab the nearest thing she could. Her hand had intertwined with Draco's but she didn't notice, she was too busy watching Harry intensely. Draco however did notice, he shuffled awkwardly on the spot, but didn't disconnect himself.

Harry rolled down the rocks ad began to sprint away from the fire, the dragon was breathing. He was beginning to fling himself all over but where ever he landed, the dragon was always hovering over him. He had no choice but to take cover.

"Your wand Harry!" Y/n shouted, letting go of Draco and tangling her hands in her own hair.

"Harry! Use your wand!" Hermione helped, the two girls managed to get his attention.

Harry shouted a spell but he was to far away for them to hear which one. Not that it mattered, nothing came out of his wand, and the dragon wasn't effected. Harry diverted the Dragon and began to run. Then soon, the spell he used become clear.

His Firebolt broomstick was hovering over the stadium and was quickly making its way down to Harry. The dragon blew a fiery breath and Harry ran towards the broom, jumping on and getting a tight grip.

"Yes Harry!" Y/n screamed throwing her hands up in celebration.

Harry angered the Dragon so much that it broke out of the chain that was holding it in the arena, he flew it straight through the teachers podium. Fred and George found it hysterical when the frantic teachers had to dive out of the way.

Then the two were out of sight. Only faint crashes could be heard from the distance. It went on for quite a while. It sounded as though they had flown straight through the Hogwarts castle. Then all of a sudden, all the noises just stopped.

Y/n felt her eyes fill up, and her hands were brought up to her mouth. This couldn't be? Her heart stopped when she finally saw the grinning wizard come into view and snatch up the golden egg.

"Oh Lord, he's done it!" Y/n yelled, jumping at Draco. She hugged him tightly in excitement, giggling loudly to herself.

It was Pansy's glares that made her realise what she had just done. She pulled away and unwrapped her arms from Draco's next. Her happiness had been replaced by butterflies as he looked back at her with pink cheeks.

"Sorry about that." She said, avoiding eye contact.

"Don't er, don't worry about it." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

The stroppy sound of Pansy letting out a disapproving squeal and stomp her foot made the pair turn around and flush even more red under the gaze of their friends.