2 - 10

Year 2
The Chamber Of Secrets

"I can't be friends with a blood traitor."

---

"Are you seriously going to ignore me? Especially on the last day of term Draco?" Y/n moaned at Draco who had a hard look on his face.

Draco had refused to talk to or even look at Y/n after he was told about Y/n making up with the Gryffindor's he despised. Y/n just rolled her eyes at his behaviour. She then turned to Crabbe and Goyle.

"I suppose you two are ignoring me too?" She asked, the boys just looked around her blankly, "I thought so. But if I'm going to be honest, we should also be more furious with you two nitwits. Who in the right minds are dumb enough to eat cupcakes they found floating in the corridors?"

They didn't reply, but their faces looked a little more ashamed as they ignored her. Y/n scoffed, of course they would side with Draco. She then turned to Pansy and Blaise who were on either side of her.

"And what about you two?" Y/n cocked an eyebrow at the two.

"I'm not going to side with Draco, he is being irrational." Pansy said, glaring at the blonde boy.

"Yeah, you're being quite childish Draco." Blaise agreed, turning to Draco.

Draco just scanned his furious eyes between the three, Y/n had a huge sarcastic grin on her face. He couldn't believe that after all this time she had been a blood traitor, what will his father think? What will her father think?

"Don't look at me like I'm a blood traitor Draco. I only made peace with them because they might have lost their friend. Imagine how I would feel if I lost you or Pansy?" Y/n said, accidently reading Draco's mind.

Just as those words left her lips the sound of the Gryffindor table gasping made Y/n and the other Slytherins turn their attention to what the red table was looking at. At the main door of the hall Hermione was stood smiling widely at Harry and Ron.

Draco scoffed when she began to run towards them, pulling Harry into a huge, tight hug. Then she gave Ron an awkward handshake.

The final feast was eventful yet very awkward for the Slytherin table. Draco continued to ignore Y/n for the rest of the meal, but he looked a little bit unsure about it after Hermione and Hagrid returned. Y/n then found out that Lucius Malfoy was responsible for Hagrid being sent to Azkaban prison.

Draco also avoided Y/n on the train back, leaving her in a carriage with Pansy and Blaise. They sat in silence as the train thundered along the track, Y/n was reading a book with her feet resting on the seat opposite her, Pippin's cage was open and her owl was sat on her shoulder. Pansy was making patterns in the air with her wand, using different coloured sparks. Blaise was looking aimlessly out the window day dreaming.

"Y/n?" A voice questioned from outside the small cabin, grabbing the three student's attentions.

Hermione was stood in the door way looking rather worried about being in the Slytherin part of the train, Pansy and Blaise shot Y/n a confused look. But Y/n stood up anyway and joined Hermione outside, closing the door over so her friends couldn't hear their private conversations.

"Harry and Ron told me about what you said." She said, rather shyly, "They said you came to apologise and in my opinion, that takes guts."

"So, you're not mad about the whole 'Mud Blood' comments?" Y/n asked, hoping that she was just as forgiving as her friends.

"Not after you've admitted your mistake," She said, "And I know you were just doing it for Malfoy's approval."

"Trust me, I've never done anything to impress Malfoy. It was all out of annoyance really." Y/n scoffed.

"Well can put everything behind us?" She asked, "Civil?"

"Civil." Y/n agrees with a grin.

They pulled each other into a hug, giggling into each others ears. But Y/n soon stopped at the sight she saw over Hermione's shoulder. It looked like Draco was coming to find her but he stopped at the site of the two embracing. Y/n made eye contact with him and he shook his head slowly, disapprovingly and turned around and went back to where he came from. They girls then pulled away from each other.

"I better be getting back to Harry and Ron, we'll be arriving back home soon."Hermione said with a small wave.

Y/n waved back and when Hermione couldn't see her she let out a sigh. She knew Draco was going to overreact about her hug with Hermione. They were just agreeing to put their hatred behind them, not as if it was promising their lifelong friend ship with each other.

They arrived at the train station and everyone's families were extremely happy to see them. Mr Moonshine's face lit up when he saw his daughter emerge from the train and run into his arms.

"Hello angel, how are you?" He beamed as he scooped his little girl in his arms.

"Hello Daddy, I'm fine." She smiled up at her dad, "Where's mummy?"

"She's at home, very caught up with work at the moment." Mr Moonshine smiled.

He grabbed hold of Pippins cage and began to walk away and out of the station. But the gloomy, pale family stood in the far corner grabbed her attention. Mr Malfoy looked his usual disappointed self, but Malfoy seemed sadder. Y/n excused herself from her father for a few moments before speed walking towards Draco and shouting him over.

"What do you want?" Draco spat bitterly at the girl who he had met in the middle of the platform.

"Draco, is this just one of your silly little mood swings or have you extinguished our friendship for good?"  Y/n questioned, annoyed by the boy's attitude.

"I can't be friends with a blood traitor." He growled, making Y/n sigh in annoyance.

"How many times must I tell you, I haven't made friends with them. I made a measly agreement not to be mean to them anymore." Y/n argued.

Draco was silent for a moment in thought then piped up.

"I'll send you an owl." He said giving in to Y/n and turning away. Y/n glared at the back of his suit as he disappeared into the crowd, leaving her stood on her own.

But at the end of her second year Y/n had learnt that Draco was a compulsive liar and that he was most definitely not going to owl her this summer.