7 - 9

Year 7
The Deathly Hallows

"I'll keep him safe. I'll talk some sense into him and try find you guys again."

~~~

They stayed at the cliff top for a while, listening to the radio day in and day out. Ron still needed rest so the group was planning on staying there for a while. The tent was large inside and illuminated by small balls of fire in lamps.

Y/n was sat at a table, reading up on potions while Hermione snipped Harry's hair. As she thought it was getting out of control, sticking up on end in all different directions. Y/n didn't know that Hermione was good with a pair of scissors.

Hair scattered the floor as Harry sat perfectly still and content. The sound of the scissors cutting through the back of Harry's hair was enough peace and tranquility for Y/n to enjoy. It was when it stopped, Y/n finally looked up.

"Oh my God." Hermione blurted out suddenly.

"What?" Harry asked in a panicked voice.

As Hermione moved away from the chair, Harry quickly raised his hands up to feel his head, scared that Hermione was expressing out horror. But Y/n knew that Hermione was exclaiming a sudden breakthrough or idea.

She rushed up to the table Y/n was sitting at and began to search through an open book she had left there earlier. Harry was quick to follow after realising his hair was in a good condition.

"The sword of Gryffindor, it's goblin made." Hermione exclaimed.

"Brilliant." Harry put his thumbs up a little too enthusiastically.

"No you don't understand. Dirt and rust have no effect on the blade. It only takes in that which makes it stronger." Hermione explained.

Harry looked blankly at the page, "Okay...." He trailed off.

"Harry, you've already destroyed one Horcrux" Y/n decided to butt in, making Harry and Hermione look at her.

"Yes! Tom Riddle's Diary, in the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione nodded.

Y/n knew what she was poking at, that she knows how to destroy the Horcruxes. Harry had already destroyed one so there was no way he wasn't clicking on to Hermione's point.

"With a Basilisk fang. If you tell me you've got one of those in that bloody bag of yours." Harry said, obviously not getting the point.

"No Harry, you're not getting it." Y/n helped, "You stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor. It's blade is swarming with Basilisk Venom."

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger!" Harry finally realised after all that time, "Exactly, why it can destroy Horcruxes."

"And that's why Dumbledore left it to you, in his will." Hermione breathed.

"You are brilliant, Hermione, truly!" Harry praised.

"Actually, I'm highly logical which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook." Hermione bragged.

That was the sort of comment Y/n and Draco would have rolled their eyes at or even loudly laughed at, in first or second year. Now Y/n felt truly grateful for Hermione Granger and her high level of knowledge. Without her, they would truly be nowhere.

Just as Y/n opened her mouth to speak and praise Hermione, all the lights in the tent went out. Making Harry and Hermione stop talking and all their eyes travelled to the front of the tent. Where Ron was stood, a grim look on his face.