4 - 2

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"Yes, completely adorable."

~~~

The whole school gathered at the edge of the school grounds watching in amazement as a flying carriage with winged horses glided through the air. To raise the curiosity more, out of the water surrounding the castle, a ship plunged out of the water.

Every student seemed to be watching this all unfold while Y/n and Draco were at the back watching the over excited students make a big deal over nothing.

"I wonder where Parkinson is, she wasn't on the train." Draco said, looking around at the crowd.

"Don't worry lover boy, she probably missed the train because she was too busy doing her hair. She'll get here or she may already be here." Y/n teased Draco.

The boat and carriage were both out of sight so the students started to make their way towards the main hall for the start of term feast. Y/n and Draco didn't follow until most of them had cleared out, leaving them at the back.

"You should be nicer to me Moonshine, after all, I did save your life." Draco smirked, as they began to walk.

"Shut up Malfoy," Y/n rolled her eyes at the boy.

They continued to walk towards the great hall, the huge clump of students have already disappeared through the double doors. And when Y/n and Draco walked in together, Y/n sighed at the sight of the dark haired girl whose face lit up.

Pansy had some how missed the train but arrived before the pair. Draco followed Y/n to the table that sat a smiling Pansy and an already sick looking Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle. Draco and Y/n took a seat opposite the three. Y/n, out of jealousy, made sure she was completely opposite Pansy so she was wedged in between the two.

"Hello Draco, you're looking so handsome this year." Pansy gushed at the now chuffed boy.

Y/n raised her eyebrows at Blaise who also looked like he had no idea what was going on between the two,

"Thank you Pansy, as you can see I've had my robe steam pressed this year." Draco tugged at the edge of his robes boastfully.

"So cute." Pansy squealed, then she turned to Y/n, "Don't you agree Y/n?"

Y/n looked back at her, she was beaming with smugness, but Y/n didn't care. With a look of sarcasm she turned to Draco who seemed to be waiting for her answer.

"Yes, completely adorable." Irony filled her voice.

Pansy's face turned from egotistical to angry as the look of sarcasm stayed on Y/n's face, grinning between the pair. The table had come to a awkward silence, but fortunately Dumbledore was quick to pull their attention away from the tension.

"Well, now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen," At this point, Filch had come running towards the front, "Yes, what is it?"

Filch began to whisper to Dumbledore, wo immediately began to mumble back frantically. Y/n mirrored Draco's puzzled look as he shrugged and turned his attention back to the front.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted." He announced.

Y/n looked at Draco who looked rather startled by the idea of the tournament. But Y/n was grinning happily, she was so excited for these games, even if she wasn't permitted to take part, she was most certainly excited to watch.

"But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxmime." He bellowed happily as the main doors flew open.

A group of girls dressed in blue uniforms skipped in sync with each other, bowing to each of the tables as they made their way down the isles. Their headmistress was a giant lady, she strutted behind the girls. When they reached the end, they dramatically let birds elegantly fly away from them and danced to the side.

"And now our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore announced.

This time the deep sound of sticks hitting the floor in a rhythm echoed around the room. A group of male students walked in, looking manlier than any of the boys Y/n had ever seen. They made their way down to the front, flipping around their walking sticks. Suddenly they boys at the front started to run and finished off with flipping and springing off their hands.

But Y/n's eyes widened when the one and only Victor Krum entered the room with his headmaster. The best seeker in the world! She was star struck, along with the rest of the school.

"It's Victor Krum!" Y/n gasped, "He's so...so mesmerising." Y/n breathed as the bot walked passed.

She could of sworn a little smirk played on his lips as he made eye contact with the girl, even if it was just for a second and then returned to the cold, mean look.

"Don't be ridiculous Y/n. He's not that great." Draco scoffed, and Y/n glared at him.

"Oh he isn't that great, but he's the best seeker in the world." Sarcasm dripped out of her words.

"I mean, he isn't that great to look at. There are handsomer people than him." Draco scowled, focusing on Victor who was taking a seat.

"In my opinion, he's striking." Y/n stared at the Durmstrang student who had seemed to loosen up his features into a smile.

While she was having her little disagreement with Draco she didn't notice a giant, golden figure being rolled in. And she didn't have to guess that Dumbledore was going to explain what it was.

"Attention please, I'd like to say a few words," Dumbledore shouted, getting what he wanted, "Eternal glory. That's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three task. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the ministry has seen to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr Bartemius Crouch."

As Mr Crouch stood up, everyone turned their attention towards the side door. There stood was an Auror, Alastor Moody. He was known for being an amazing Dark-wizard catcher. Dumbledore retreated to greet him, but he came right back to the front of the room.

"After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament." Mr Crouch told the students.

A few, including Y/n, yelled out their disapproval. Dumbledore was quick to shut down the rudeness of his students with one swift shout. Y/n huffed like the typical teenager she is.

Dumbledore then made the golden figured melt down to a giant goblet with flames coming out of the top.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As for this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun." Dumbledore announced.

Y/n wasn't particularly happy. She got herself so excited from the moment that the tournament was announced, but the ministry had make her hopes crash and burn.

"You weren't seriously going to enter?" Draco asked, looking horrified. Maybe he was worried?

"I'm obviously not going to now. I was thinking about it though." Y/n sighed, angrily, grabbing her dinner.

"Oh what a shame, it would have been great to watch you get hurt." Pansy battered her eyelashes at Y/n.

What was her problem? She had become a real pain in the ass over the summer break.

"Bite me." Y/n rolled her eyes at the girl.