4 - 11

Year 4
The Goblet of Fire

"I'm going to go and vomit

~~~

The Slytherin common room was tense as the fourth years sat around the roaring fire place. For the whole year the atmosphere had always been awkward between the green group and it was always raidiating from Draco and Y/n.

She tried to ignore the disgustingly soppy couple just opposite her, trying to distract herself she had her head stuck in a fiction book, yet she was still awfully distracted by sickening words.

"Drakey, your hair looks so good pushed back," Pansy was fiddling with Draco's fringe, "Maybe you should start wearing it like that all of the time."

"Maybe i will, just for you Pans." Draco cooed back.

She leaned in and kissed the top of his nose, making him giggle like a girl.

"You're so cute Drake." Pansy gushed.

"Not as cute as you, Pansy Pop." Draco said back.

Y/n couldn't stand it any longer. She loudly made a gagging noise and slammed her book shut loudly and stood up, tucking it under her arm. She threw a dirty look at the couple.

"Moonshine, where are you going?" Blaise asked.

"I'm going to go and vomit," Y/n replied, "It's too sickly In here."

She then furiously left the common room, and left the door open. Satisfied by the fact one of them will have to get up and shut it themselves.

She made her way up the dingy steps into the main castle. She headed towards the library to return the book that would give her flashbacks every time she saw it. Of course Madam Prince was rather pleased that she was returning it a week early, getting the impression that she had read through it all.

As Y/n turned to leave she heard puzzled but familiar voices from a few book cases down. She followed the mumblings to see Harry, Hermoine and Ron. Harry was resting on the desk in deep thought, Hermione was pacing rather quickly and Ron was falling asleep.

"Hey guys, you're up late aren't you?" Y/n said to the three, who looked rather worried.

"Hi Y/n, yes, we're trying to figure out this Tournament problem." Hermione said, still pacing.

"Oh so you guys know what the actual challenge is?" Y/n asks, untucking a chair and taking a seat.

"Yeah, i have to go into black lake for an hour and retrieve something. But the problem is, how do i hold my breath underwater for an hour?" Harry said, head still pathetically on the desk.

Y/n scanned the three as they all looked at her as if she had the answer. She tried to think of something, a potion? A spell? Anything to help. But she couldn't her mind was blank. Before she could open her mouth, a voice made them all turn around.

"Hate to break up the skull session." Moody called, "Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

The four of them stood up and started to move, but he stopped them again.

"Not all of you, just Hermione and Y/n. Weasley and Potter, up to bed with you now."

Hermione and Y/n shared a strange look before getting up and leaving without a word, no one dared to question Moody, not after his Unforgivable Curse lesson. They scurried out of the liibrary rather quickly and towards McGonagall's office. It was strange for McGonagall to be calling for Y/n as well as Hermione, Snape was the Slytherin head of house, not McGonagall.

They knocked on the door and were immediatly invited in. They stood, hovering, because McGonagall didn't instruct them to sit, instead she said something rather disturbing.

"I'm very sorry girls, but it'll all become clear when you awaken." Her voice rung out.

Before Y/n and Hermione had chance to react, McGonagall had raised her wand and cast a curse towards them, the pair didn't even have time to scream before it was went black.

---

Y/n breathed a sharp intake of breath. She had emerged from under water and it felt as though she had been holding her breath for hours, her insides burnt that much. The cold water that surrounded her body made her cough and splutter.

The ringing in her ears drowned out the cheering from around her and it wasn't until she moved the wet hair out of her face did she relise that the whole school was stood on towers surrounding her. She immediately knew she was part of the tournament, and a big part at that.

She had no idea how she contributed to the competition, but some how, by being unconscious she had. Everyone was cheering extremely loud for Harry and the sudden noise was too intense for her head since she had just came around. Her head began to thump a little and her legs started to get tired of treading the water.

Next to her she felt Harry take a strong grip on her waist and she relaxed against his shoulder as he pulled her to the safty of the wooden surface. Next to Harry was a little blonde girl who was also spluttering, Y/n recognised her as Gabrielle Delacour, Fleur's sister.

Dumbledore helped her out of the cold water, immediatly setting her down and helping Harry out. The young girl was being pulled out by her sister who was wrapped in a fluffy towel.

"Y/n," Draco's voice pulled the attention of a shivering Y/n, "Thank goodness you're okay."

Draco had a warm towl in his hands that Y/n let him wrap around her, she immediately snuggled into it, trying to calm her chattering teeth. Now what McGonagall said made sense, she saw Hermione knelt next to Harry wrapped in a towl. She was obviously the person Krum had to find, and Harry was assigned to save her. McGonagall must have been under the wrong impression after they attended the ball together.

"Come on, let's get you back to the dorms and get you warmed up." Draco said concerned.

"Draco?" Y/n chattered, making him look at her with his icy eyes, "I'm sorry."

"Come on." Was all he said and lead her out of the crowd.