5 - 2

Year 5
The Order of the Phoenix

"I've heard about that, Dolores Umbridge now has a sour taste for your father."

~~~

Y/n and her parents walked through the sea of poor wizards in all their wealthy glory. Y/n was wearing a beige button up skirrt, with a black, off the shoulder crop top. She matched it with gold jewllery and knee high boots.

"Okay dearest, Moody is over there. Go wait for Harry and Sirius, then get on the train, we'll put Pippin and your trunk on board. Please keep safe." Mr Moonshine said, planting a kiss onto his daughters forehead.

"But mother, father, where are you going?" Y/n asked, as she tightly gripped her mother.

"The minisry has called a meeting about Harry and Dumbledore. We must attend and do what we can to protect his name." Mr Moonshine stood up, "Now go, we will write."

Y/n nodded and watched her parents move swiftly through the crowd with her owl and trunk. When they were out of sight she walked up to Moody who looked like he was guarding something.

"Padfoot." Is all he said and Y/n understood, "Wait for him to come out and go with Harry to the train. Tonks is waiting to escort Padfoot out."

Y/n nodded and took Moody's place in front of the door. Not lomg after a black shaggy dog emerged with Harry. Y/n nodded and bowed at Sirius, he returned the gesture and made his way up the stairs.

"He's a risk taker, that man." Y/n chuckled as her and Harry began to walk towards the train.

"Sirius knows what he's doing." Harry nodded.

They walked down past the Hufflepuff carridge and past the Ravenclaw one and finally they both arrived at the Slytherin. They both stopped and Y/n got on, and from the doorway she watched Harry wave and make his way down to the Gryffindor cart.

She entered the mostly green compartmant and she was almost swept off her feet by a tight embrace. She hugged back when the person responsible became clear. The planum blonde hair and the strong smell of mint told Y/n that she was hugging Draco.

"Hi." She giggled into his ear,

"Hello Moonshine." He pulled back, smiling.

He was clearly in a good mood as he pulled her to a booth that already sat Blaise and Pansy. The train started to pull out as soon as Y/n had planted her bum on the seat. Blaise and Pansy met her with a smile. The carridge had a better vibe than it did last time they were in it.

"Moonshine, where were our letters over the summer? I had the feeling you had disappeared." Blaise, asked teasingly.

"Sorry guys, me and my family didn't really spend too much time at home this summer. I only really got to send letters to a few people." Y/n replied, smiling to the whole cabin, including Crabbe and Goyle.

"I, of course, was one of those people." Draco boasted, and Y/n elbowed him in the ribs.

"But we've got a while till we get to Hogwarts, so you can catch me up on your lives now." Y/n smiled, ignoring the grinning Draco next to her.

After multiple hours of Pansy talking about a boy she had met, and Blaise talking about his mother's new husband, Draco and Y/n just sat comfortably in each other's company.

"Anyway Y/n, your father got a promotion, didn't he?" Draco reminded her, and she smiled.

"Oh yes, while Mother is still head brewer, father has been promoted. I'm pretty sure he is now the Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic." Y/n tried not to boast.

"I've heard about that, Dolores Umbridge now has a sour taste for your father." Pansy said.

"Unless I ever see her, I won't worry about that too much!" Y/n joked, causing all the others to laugh with her.

---

The train had stopped and the Slytherin carridge pilled out. Draco and Y/n were left at the back, happily strolling next to each other. But that soon stopped when Draco spotted Harry, walking with Ron and Hermione.

"Oh look, there's Potter." Draco said, menacing tone in his voice.

"Draco, be nice." Y/n warned but he didn't listen.

With Y/n still by his side, Draco strode up to Harry. Completely ignoring Y/n's warning.

"I'm suprised the Ministry is still letting you walk around free. Better enjoy it while you can, I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Draco teased.

Y/n wasn't happy with Draco for his comment but when Harry lashed out and leapt for Draco she was immediatly in the middle. She put her hands on Harry's shoulder, stopping him touching Draco.

"Don't even dare, Harry." Y/n warned, keeping a tight grip on him.

"What did i tell you? A complete nutter!" Draco muttered walking away from them.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled.

As soon as Draco was gone and Harry was calm, Y/n let go of his shoulders. And began to walk with them.

"Sorry Harry, i do it automatically. Maybe he deserved it, but my brain just doesn't let it happen." Y/n said sheepishly as they continued walking.

"We understand." Hermione said, rubbing her shoulder.

Harry sent her a small smile as they made their way to the carriages that would be pulling the to Hogwarts, Y/n could see Draco climbing into one. he spotted her almost immediately.

"Moonshine hurry up!" He shouted.

Y/n looked at Ron, Harry and Hermione apologetically. But they smiled, reassuring her that they didn't mind.

" See you later." She said.

She began to run for the cart and she got there just in time. Draco grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the suddenly moving cart. She sat down next to Pansy and tried to catch her breath from running.

"I'm excepting that you're friends with Harry, but no way are you going to be spending more time with them than us this year." Draco teased.

Y/n knew that wasn't going to happen, especially since Harry needed even more protection than ever now that Voldemort was back. But she just smiled and agreed with Draco, she wasn't ready for an argument just yet.