Highschool❊Jonah x Daniel

This is a high school AU which means that the boys are in high school in this story and the band doesn't exist. this only involves Jonah and Daniel and the other guys aren't in the story. They are also one year younger then they are now, cuz why not. Enjoy!
•DANIELS POV•
I walk down the long hallway that always seems to be too long with my head down. I hear quiet snickers as I walk down the hall but I just ignore them, speeding up my pace and keeping my head down. I don't want to see the looks on people's faces when they see me walk by. I'm hated here. But having your head down all of the time can be a pretty bad thing, because all of the sudden, I feel myself bump into something. I slowly lift my head up and just my luck, I see Mason. The biggest jock in the school. He's over a foot and a half taller than me, maybe even two feet, and has way more muscle (just pretend that he's really short in this one. It makes it cuter). I feel a lump form in my throat. Masons been bullying me ever since I entered high school, and he doesn't plan to stop anytime soon.
"Watch where you're going dumbass" he spits at me, leaning over me a bit too look more menacing. It's not necessary though, since I already get extreme anxiety whenever I see him. I begin breathing heavier.
"I-I'm s-sorry I really didn't mean to. I won't do it ag-" I begin but soon interrupted by masons deep voice.
"This isn't the first time it's happened shorty. I think you need to be taught a lesson, since the teachers all love you too much to ever discipline you" he says, grabbing me by the front of my blue flannel. He lifts me up so that I'm on my toes. My breath hitches. By now, there is a large crowd watching us.
"Please don't" I say, knowing what's coming.
"Too late" he smirks, throwing a punch at my face. It's not full force, that would most likely give me a concussion, but it's hard enough to leave a serious black eye. I feel myself tense up as he lifts me up even higher off of my feet, choking me slightly. I'm face level with him now, and he looks me directly in the eyes. He smirks one more time before slamming me to the floor. I feel my leg twist below me as I fall to the ground with a shriek. The crowd of other high schoolers around us just laughs. "Have fun today Danny" he spits, walking away and leaving me stranded on the floor. I feel a tear fall from my face. This is my life. The crowd of people disperses slightly, and that's when I see someone running towards me. It's Jonah, one of my best friends. One of my only friends. I put my head down again, not wanting to see everyone's laughing faces. He runs up and quickly falls to his knees besides me.
"Oh my gosh Daniel are you ok?" He asks, his voice laced with concern. I juts shrug not wanting to talk, knowing that if I do it will come out as a stutter from my crying. He glares at everyone who is still crowded around us and they all give him a look before speed walking away. They all should know not to mess with Jonah, except Mason of course. "You don't look ok. Are you hurt?" He asks, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I lift my head up so he can see my face. Along with the tears stains, I can only guess that my eyes is starting to turn slightly purple. My predictions are confirmed when he gasps and his eyes widen. "C'mon. We are going to the nurse's office right now" he says grabbing my hand and pulling my up. I just nod agin. But when I stand up, I feel a sharp pain in my leg.
"Ouch" I squeal before falling back down to the ground. Jonah quickly whips his head around.
"What's wrong? What happened?" Jonah asks, crouching next to me again.
"M-my leg" I sniff. He sighs and reaches down to pick me up. This gets us looks from all of the other kids, but neither of us really care now. I juts bury my face into his shirt and continue to sob. We make it to the nurse's office and Jonah sets me down on a bed.
"Again?" The nurse asks me, grabbing an ice pack from the freezer. She places it over my eye making me flinch. I am a regular patient here, the nurse is practically my best friend.
"Yeah. Apparently he hurt his leg too" Jonah says. She frowns.
"What part of your leg?" She asks.
"M-my knee" I respond quietly. She then begins moving my leg in all different directions, asking me what hurts and what doesn't. It was very painful, I must say. She frowns again.
"I'm gonna have to take a look at it. See if it's swollen or anything" she says. Unfortunately, I'm wearing a pair of tight, skinny jeans. "And your going to have to take your jeans off for that" (that sounded SOOOO wrong. I promise she's not a pedophile!) she finishes, as if she read my mind. I turn a bright shade of red. The thing is, Jonah is not only one of my best friends, but my crush too. "He can leave if you want" the nurse says pointing to Jonah, once again like she is reading my mind. I really don't want to insult him though, because we trust each other.
"N-no. It's f-fine" I reply. I take the ice pack off my face and sit up on the edge of the bed. I slowly unbutton and pull down my skinny jeans, leaving me in just my boxers. I turn red once again and lay down. If it isn't my imagination, Jonah, who is sitting in a chair in the corner, is slightly red too. She takes a closer look at my leg, moving it around a bit and her frown deepens.
"I think we are going to have to transfer you to urgent care. This looks pretty bad. We need to see if it's broken" the nurse says, letting go of my leg. Jonah stands up from the chair quickly.
"I'll take him" he exclaims.
"Oh thank you dear. I'll tell the teachers. You better get going" the nurse responds. I sit back up and pull my pants on, flinching at the pain that it causes. Jonah comes over to me and picks me back up again. I stick my head in the crook of his neck. He smells really good.
"Thank you Mrs. Smithson" Jonah thanks the nurse before walking out the door.
"Thank you Jonah" I whisper into his neck. I look up at him and he smiles down at me. He suddenly stops walking. I look at him confused for a second, before he slowly begins to lean down. This is it. I must take this chance. I close my eyes and lean up towards him. Our lips connect and I immediately feel sparks. It feels so right. The kiss is quick, but I can feel the softness of his lips linger on mine after he pulls away. He smiles down at me and I smile back.
"I won't let Mason hurt you again" he says, as I bury my face back into his neck.
(I know this ends kind of like one of my other ones but whatever)