Dancing Through our House❊Jonah x Daniel

•THIRD PERSONS POV•
Jonah spun slowly around and sighed, his eyes scanning the messy bedroom. Daniel never put his clothes in the laundry basket despite how many times Jonah reminded him. His side of the bed was also as unkempt as it could possibly be, as Daniel had a tendency to wiggle around a lot in his sleep, and half of the time, all of the blankets would end up on the floor. Jonah didn't mind though, as that meant that the two could cuddle for warmth. Jonah loved cuddling Daniel. The younger boy was like a large teddy bear and clung onto Jonah at any opportunity he could find.
But despite the large mess eldest had to clean up, he loved Daniel all the same. Ever since he asked the boy out 3 years ago, he left a piece of his heart with Daniel, one he could never take back. Jonah felt empty without Daniel around, like life wasn't worth anything.
Like he wasn't worth anything.
Jonah ran a hand through his messy brown hair before reaching into his pocket and taking out his phone, shuffling his favorite playlist. He then grabbed a large cardboard box from outside the bedroom door and he began to clean.
He hummed quietly to the tunes of his favorite songs while picking up mismatched socks, sweatshirts, and even a few loose guitar picks that were scattered around the floor. He smiled slightly at the sight of Daniels favorite mug, empty on his bedside table. He took a deep breath and placed that in the box too.
Finally, he made his way to the messy bed, straightening out the sheets that still smelled like the cologne that Daniel refused to stop wearing on a daily basis.
Just as he was about to bend down to grab the box, he was caught off guard by a too-familiar tune playing on his phone.
I found a love, for me...
He stood up and walked slowly over to his phone, immediately forgetting about the box which he now had to put in the garage.
He timidly grabbed it, almost as if he was afraid of the song playing from the device's small speaker, the song that held such a special place in his heart. He immediately exited the room and jogged down the stairs, making his way to the large, open living room, the hardwood floors scuffed from moving the furniture around so much. As he rounded the corner, he was met with the familiar blue-eyed face he loved so much. He smiled and wordlessly placed his phone down on the coffee table, gently positioning his hands on the shorter boy's small waist. Daniel placed his own hands on Jonah's shoulders, gazing up at him with nothing but Love and admiration.
And with their song echoing throughout the open room, they danced.
They let the music take hold of their bodies, moving them to rhythm of the slow music as their feet danced circles on the hardwood floor.
But almost as soon as the song started, it ended.
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight.
Jonah could feel the tears pooling on the lashes of his closed eyes. He didn't want to open them. He didn't want to accept the facts. He wanted to reverse time and go back to when everything was good and perfect.
But knowing that he couldn't stay like that forever, he lifted his eyelids, revealing nothing but the plain, sad truth.
Daniel wasn't there. Daniel would never be there, ever again.
Daniel was nothing but a ghost now — a ghost and memory that will forever be engraved in Jonah's brain and heart.
And with the knowledge that Daniel was gone and would never be there to dance with him again, stolen from him by death itself, Jonah knew that his feet would never move like they did with Daniel.
His heart would never beat like it did with Daniel.
Because without Daniel, Jonah would never truly live again.

Sorry for another sad oneshot. This one was based loosely off of Ghost of You by 5SOS (10/10 would recommend reading it with the song playing. It adds to it quite a bit and for me, the story and song ended at the same time). I hope you enjoyed it though, and stay tuned for another HAPPIER oneshot that should be coming out relatively soon!