Prince of Darkness

“Mom I’m going into the shower!” I shouted out to my Mom who was downstairs.

“Alright, I’m going to work its night shift at the hospital, see you after!” My Mom shouted back. I walked into the bathroom connected to my bedroom and closed the door, locking it behind me.

After locking the door I undressed myself dropping my clothes onto the fluffy mat underneath my feet. I opened the glass door to the shower and I hopped into the shower while turning on the switch and feeling the warm water hit my body.

I was washing through my hair when I heard a breaking noise and the light go out. I turned off the shower and turned around towards the glass door of the shower; I opened it and saw the glass from the light bulb on the floor. I grabbed the towel off of the rail and wrapping it around my naked body.

I picked up a bit of the glass from the light bulb trying to figure out how it fell, I put it back down looking at the ceiling from where it fell from. I stood back up feeling very cold and uncomfortable. I felt a breeze on my back and turned around coming face-to-face with the mirror, making me scream.

I walked back out of the bathroom towards my closet; again hearing a noise coming from the hall. “Hello? Mom is that you?” I called out but got no reply back.

I walked towards the door holding onto my towel tightly. When I got to the door I opened it seeing nobody there, I walked towards the stairs and looked down trying to see if anyone was there “Mom?.” I called out but once again got nothing.

I ignored it and turned around bumping into a hard chest, I looked up terrified seeing those red eyes, I screamed.

I woke up screaming in a cold sweat and breathing heavily. I sat up looking at the time which was 2:00am, Mom was still at work.

I laid back down onto my soft pillow thinking about that dream, for some odd reason I’ve been getting these weird dreams of this boy with red eyes, I’ve never heard him speak but it seems so real and right now I really didn’t  want to go back to sleep.