C H A P T E R 8

ElijahBrake if you guys are looking for another good book to read please check out my boy book "Infinite Cycle" It's realistic, relatable and overall good as fuck! I'm hooked on it and I'm sure you guys will be as well.

Now onto the chapter...

C H A P T E R
E I G H T

Marcus & Anaya in MM

-

Weeks had passed since Ahmad spilled those secrets and even though at the time he felt better, now he wasn't seeing the hype on telling people to release their demons when it only made a person more depressed and reflect on how fucked up their life actually is.

Slowly getting out of bed he grabbed his bottle of pills seeing he was down to his last two, pouring them into his hands he popped him into his mouth swallowing them dry.

Walking to his kitchen he yawned loudly checking the fridge for groceries. When he saw how empty his fridge was, he walked back to his room slipped on his slippers grabbed his keys then walked out the front walking over to Marcus's place.

Knocking on the door twice, he took a step back biting his lip as he waited. When the door opened Marcus smirked slapping hands with him then moved to the side to let him in.

"You good man?"

Ahmad nodded going straight for his kitchen. Looking inside his freezer he grabbed a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl and went to set it up while Marcus sat on the couch staring at the picture of his biological parents.

Today marked ten years without them and he had to admit it was tough. He could never get over losing them but he did appreciate Ahmad's family welcoming him in with open arms and treating him like their own.

His parents were all he had since his family was always on that fuck that and couldn't fuck with them. The day he lost them apart of him died right along with him but he continued to be strong for them.

Once Ahmad's food was ready he took it out the microwave then walked over to the living room sitting next to him. "You sure you don't wanna go to that family get together in rememberance of them today?"

"I'd rather grieve on my own then be surrounded by some fake ass muthafuckas that never gave a damn about us." He spat standing to his feet.

"Well what do you want to do? I'm here for you man."

"I just wanna visit their gravesights, talk to em, release some stress and call it a day .. might even bring Anaya with me."

Ahmad smiled. "I would say I'd tag along but I'll let y'all have that moment."

Marcus smiled sitting the picture of him and his folks back down on his coffee table. "Are you good though bro?"

After Ahmad told his parents he told Marcus and after that Marcus stayed even more concerned about him. He knew experiencing something like that was life changining and never wanted him to just get too depressed to where he wanted to end it all.

"I'm straight, been taking my meds and shit never better." He smiled lying.

Ahmad was abusing the meds, taking more than what he was suppose to take. He has gotten two refills already and it has barely even been two months. "That's good to hear, but I'm finna gon' head and get ready cause I know they gon' come to the graveyard and I wanna be long gone before they show their fake asses up."